Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Tuesday, January 13, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: 2014 Releases I Meant To Read, But Didn't Get To


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5)
1. Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead
I decided to wait until closer to the release of The Ruby Circle which comes out in February.  I will probably be reading this soon.

Killer Frost (Mythos Academy, #6)
2. Killer Frost by Jennifer Estep
I started this, but lost interest in the first few chapters.  But, I am determined to finish it since it is the end of the Mythos Academy series.

The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy, #3)
3. The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
This is just a book series that requires time and I will probably be waiting until I go on vacation which is where I read the first two books.

Opposition (Lux, #5)
4. Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I am holding off on this one just because I don't want the Lux series to be over!

This Shattered World (Starbound, #2)
5. This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meghan Spooner
It came out at the end of December so I wasn't able to get to it.  But, I am on the waiting list at the library so crossing my fingers that it comes really soon.

Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4)
6. Beauty and the Mustache by Penny Reid
I love this series, but keep forgetting about this book even though I already bought it.

Burning Dawn (Angels of the Dark, #3)
7. Burning Dawn by Gena Showalter
I am behind on the Lords of the Underworld/Angels of Dark series, but I plan on catching up this year.

Breaking the Rules (Pushing the Limits, #1.5)
8. Breaking the Rules by Katie McGarry
I just think I have to be in the right mood to handle the issues that Noah and Echo have.

Gunpowder Alchemy (The Gunpowder Chronicles, #1)
9. Gunpowder Alchemy by Jeannie Lin
I love steampunk and Jeannie Lin's historicals so this is high up on my reading list this year.

Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3)
10. Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers
I just got this from the library so it will be the next print book that I read.

11 comments:

  1. I haven't read Opposition either! I had every intention to, and then when it was released, I just didn't read it. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

    And you definitely need to be in the right mood for Noah and Echo's issues in Breaking the Rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these, but The Mortal Heart is on my TBR list! I hope you enjoy these once you get to them :)

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to read Mortal Heart as well! Hopefully I'll get to it soon. I hope you enjoy it.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silver Shadows is SO good. I wonder if I can put the Ruby Circle on library hold yet-thanks for making me think of that!

    Mortal Heart is on my list too, I really want to read that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I loved Silver Shadows and can't wait for Ruby Circle. I really need to read Opposition, too!!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVED This Shattered World, actually even more than the first one. I keep on meaning to start the His Fair Assassins books but Grave Mercy is so large! I tend to put it off.

    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! I read part of These Broken Stars last year though for some reason I never got around to finishing it. I should probably do that because everyone seems to have really enjoyed the sequel! The Grave Mercy trilogy looks pretty good too, now that the third book is out I may need to marathon them all. I hope you get to all of these this year!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I would love to read Burning Dawn..and I just love that author too and I really need to get back to reading her. Great list hun hope you get to them this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved The Book of Life! As for the others, some I've not heard of, but I've been meaning to read the Robin LaFevers series and the first Kaufman and Spooner book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Book of Life is the only one of these I've read.. you're right, vacation is a great place to do it! I need to read Mortal Heart, too, and thank you for reminding me to put Gunpowder Alchemy on my want-to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Burning Dawn here too. That's one I got for review and totally missed. Ergs!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.