Announcement

Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews is currently on hiatus. I hope to return to blogging sooner rather than later.

I will still be posting mini book reviews on Goodreads and talking books on Twitter so feel free to find me there.

Thank you and happy reading1


Thursday, January 8, 2015

THROWBACK THURSDAY-HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (58)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.

THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

Red Roses Mean Love 
Red Roses Mean Love by Jacquie D'Alessandro
Originally Published in 1999

After nearly being killed, Lord Stephen Barrett regains consciousness in an unfamiliar but free-spirited household, nursed by the oldest sister of orphaned children. He decides to hide out there for a while and develops a bond with the children and a passion for his seductive nursemaid. But when Stephen walks out of Hayley's life one night, it will take his sister to bring them back together.


*****************
The biggest thing I remember about this book was how sweet it was.  Hayley was quirky, but not annoying and Stephen was stoic and desperate for someone to care about him.  I also liked the role that flowers and the language of flowers played in the overall storyline. 

4 comments:

  1. Awww, this does sound sweet. I think I've heard of this author before, but I don't remember if I have read anything by her. Right now I am re-reading Ransom by Julie Garwood. I just never get sick of her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read most of D'Alessandro's books back in undergrad when I discovered historical romance. This and Sleepless at Midnight are my favorites of hers. I haven't checked on what she is currently working on, but will do that soon. I remember she also used to write contemporaries. Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  2. Oh this author is just amazing...I love her, and every book of hers I have just adored. I can't believe I haven't heard of this one though...gotta have it though. And the idea of the language of flowers playing a part in the book...a added incentive for sure. Great pick hun and hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up in a family of florists so the flower thing really stood out to me. I really loved her old historicals. I haven't read any of her recent stuff. Any recs?

      Delete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.