Thursday, January 22, 2015

THROWBACK THURSDAY-HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (60)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.

THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

Reforming Lord Ragsdale Reforming Lord Ragsdale
Reforming Lord Ragsdale by Carla Kelly
Originally Published in 1995

Emma Costello owed a debt of honor to one of the most dishonorable lords in the realm. The infamous Lord Ragsdale was as rich as sin, as sinful as he was rich, and as heartless as he was handsome. But he had saved Emma from a fate worse than death when he stopped a lecherous brute from buying her as an indentured servant.

It was Emma's turn now to save Lord Ragsdale from his wicked ways. She had to find a way to stop his drinking, his gaming, his wild revelry. She had to make him break with his mistress, the superbly sensual Fae Moulle. She had to make him a suitable suitor for the ideal wife that the prim and proper Lady Clarissa Partridge would be. And above all, she had to keep his lustful eye from lingering too long on herself--even as she struggled to keep her own growing desire from undoing all her hard work in the unmaking of this irresistible rake.

********************
After finally reading Libby's London Merchant for the 2015 TBR Challenge, I have found myself looking for more Carla Kelly historicals.  I bought this on sale for my e-reader and I am intrigued by the fact that the heroine is doing the makeover on the hero.  Sounds like lots of trouble going on in this situation!

4 comments:

  1. I don't recall seeing hers. That sounds like it could be rather entertaining :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to look into Carla Kelly. I also like the idea of the heroine giving the hero a makeover. Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I haven't seen Carla's books in awhile. Love the new cover look though and Will definitely be adding this to the pile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla Kelly's books always come highly recommended, but I've never read any of it! This looks like a good book to start with -- will put it on my TBR.

    Great feature!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.