Saturday, January 31, 2015

STACKING THE SHELVES (66)

STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.

 
~BOUGHT~
Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5)
Fairest (Lunar Chronicles #3.5) by Marissa Meyer (YA science fiction)
While I would rather have Winter, I am always excited to read a Lunar Chronicles book.

Catch a Falling Heiress (An American Heiress in London, #3)
Catch a Falling Heiress (An American Heiress in London #3) by Laura Lee Guhrke (historical romance)
I love LLG's late Victorian/Edwardian settings and am reading this right now.

The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #4)
The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy (Smythe-Smith #4) by Julia Quinn (historical romance) 
Of course, I bought the newest JQ historical!

Bound by Flames (Night Prince, #3)
Bound by Flames (Night Prince #3) by Jeaniene Frost (urban fantasy)
I'm not ready to say good-bye to Vlad and Leila, but I'm sure it will be a fabulous conclusion.

~BORROWED FROM THE LIBRARY~
Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2)
Magic Burns (Kate Daniels #2) by Ilona Andrews (urban fantasy)
Definitely loving this series...I'm reading this right now.

~RECEIVED FOR REVIEW~
Becoming Jinn (Becoming Jinn, #1)
Becoming Jinn by Lori Goldstein (YA fantasy)
I've never read a book about genies so I am intrigued by the premise.

***********
WEEKLY RECAP

I READ... 
500 Miles by Parker Williams
Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
Trade Me by Courtney Milan

I REVIEWED...


8 comments:

  1. I haven't picked up Fairest, yet. I'd also rather have Winter, but I will of course read Fairest. I think I'm going to listen to the audiobook.

    I'm curious to read what you think of The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy. Have you read Manda Collins? I'm thinking I should try something by her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read a few Manda Collins books. They were cute and reminded me a lot of Julia Quinn.

      Delete
  2. Great haul, Jennifer! Magic Burns is amazing! I hope you'll enjoy it. And of course, we both got Bound by Flames... Vlad *sighs*
    I hope you'll enjoy all your new books. Have a great weekend and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I'm behind with the Lunar Chronicles series, so need to catch up. Ilona Andrews is an awesome writer, so am sure you'll love Magic Burns. Happy reading!

    Terri @ Alexia's Books and Such...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh great haul! I can't wait to read Fairest! I need to read Cress first, though :) I've had the Kate Daniels on my to-read list for so long, I'll have to give it a go soon! Enjoy all your books, and have a great weekend :)

    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to read becoming jinn because itsonds amazing.
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul you have here...I loved reading most of these. And just so you know, Bound by Flame isn't the conclusion--Frost decided to do one more book for the series--YAY!!!...and I promise you are in for one hell of a ride with this latest book. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome books you have here! :) And some of them I added on my tbr too. Happy reading and hope you'll enjoy them all.

    My STS: http://readingadd.blogspot.com/2015/02/stacking-shelves-25.html

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.