Thursday, December 18, 2014

THROWBACK THURSDAY-HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (57)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.

THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

Sleeping Beauty 
Sleeping Beauty by Judith Ivory
Originally Published in 1998

Once, a long time ago, Coco Wild learned to never allow a man's kiss to move her, for that way led to downfall. A slender beauty with alluring eyes, she built impregnable defenses around her emotions. The men who came to adore her, fought to conquer her and learn her mysteries, made her the toast of London, but none were able to rouse her passions.

But that hard-taught lesson is about to unravel because of Sir James Stoker. Back in England with a treasure of gold from his adventures, newly knighted by Queen Victoria herself, and feted everywhere, the handsome explorer has the world at his feet. He's exactly the man Coco might have dreamed about when she was young: a tall, fair hero with a charming smile. Now he's turned his energy toward winning her, the most desirable and the least attainable woman he knows; and Coco's afraid James may just find his way past the thorns that have so long protected her from the world, and awaken her slumbering heart...with just one kiss. 


**********************
I have only read a few Judith Ivory historicals (The Proposition and Beast), but I really liked them.  I have a copy of this on my shelf and I am determined to give it a try sometime next year.

4 comments:

  1. This seems interesting. I don't think I've heard of Judith Ivory before. I hope you do get to this next year! Let me know how you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I loved the beast, but have yet to try her other books, so I am definitely bumping this up my list. I love the older classic look to the cover as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo~ I haven't read Judith but I do see lots of her works around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't ready any of Judith Ivory's books, but I plan to next year. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.