Sunday, December 14, 2014

THEMES AND TROPES: Holiday-Themed Reads

This is part of a new monthly feature I'm going to be doing on my blog.  Basically, I am going to be focusing one a specific theme (or trope) that I have found in my years as a voracious reader/blogger.  I love finding commonalities between my favorite books and how that helps define me as a reader.  These won't be released on a regular schedule, but just appear randomly.

The first one is going to focus on HOLIDAY-THEMED READS and is organized by age group. 

Note that this is a list of young adult (YA), new adult (NA), adult (contemporary romance (CR), historical romance (HR), historical fiction (HF), paranormal romance (PNR), romantic suspense (RS) urban fantasy (UF), and male/male romance (M/M)) stories so please pay attention to the genre information.  

Also, while I wish I could say that I have read and recommend all of these, there just isn't enough time in the day.  I am providing links to any reviews I have published for these books and will put a note if I have read it.  Also, due to the sheer amount of Christmas or holiday-themed books out there, I am only featuring books I have read, books I own, or books I plan on reading in the future.

ENJOY!!!!


Full-Length Novels (200+ pages)
Married for Christmas by Noelle Adams (CR)
His Mistress by Christmas by Victoria Alexander (HR)
Frigid by Jennifer L. Armentrout (NA)
When a Scot Loves a Lady by Katharine Ashe (HR)
Decked with Holly by Marni Bates (YA)
Ex-Mas by Kate Brian (YA)
All Through the Night: A Troubleshooter Christmas by Suzanne Brockman (M/M) -- I gave it 5 stars.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear by Suzanne Brockmann (CR)
Lady Sophie's Christmas Wish by Grace Burrowes (HR)
Lady Louisa's Christmas Knight by Grace Burrowes (HR) 
Princess in Love by Meg Cabot (YA) -- I gave it 4.5 stars.
Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn (YA)
Never Desire a Duke by Lily Dalton (HR) -- I gave it 4 stars.
A Season of Seduction by Jennifer Haymore (HR)
An Affair Before Christmas by Eloisa James (HR) -- I gave it 4.5 stars.
Twas the Night After Christmas by Sabrina Jeffries (HR)
North of Need by Laura Kaye (PNR) 
Marian's Christmas Wish by Carla Kelly (HR) 
His Mistletoe Bride by Vanessa Kelly (HR)
Upon the Midnight Clear by Sherrilyn Kenyon (PNR) -- I gave it 2 stars.
Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas -- I gave it 3 stars.
A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas -- I gave it 4 stars.
Christmas Kitsch by Amy Lane -- I gave it 4 stars.
His for the Holidays by Josh Lanyon (M/M)
Tarnished Knight by Bec McMaster (PNR) -- I gave it 4 stars. 
Silent in the Sanctuary by Deanna Raybourn (HF)
Holiday in Death by JD Robb (RS) -- I gave it 4 stars.
Memory in Death by JD Robb (RS) -- I gave it 4 stars.
In the Arms of the Heiress by Maggie Robinson (HR)
Season for Temptation by Theresa Romain (HR)
Season for Surrender by Theresa Romain (HR)
Season for Scandal by Theresa Romain (HR)
Season for Desire by Theresa Romain (HR)  
The Mischief of the Mistletoe by Lauren Willig (HF)

Anthologies
Wish List (HR) by Lisa Kleypas, Lisa  Cach, Claudia Dain, Lynsay Sands -- I gave it 4 stars.
All I Want For Christmas is a Duke (HR) by Delilah Marvelle and Maire Claremont -- I gave it 4 stars.
It Happened One Season (HR) by Stephanie Laurens, Mary Balogh, Jacquie D'Alessandro, Candice Hern
One Candlelit Christmas (HR) by Annie Burrows, Julia Justiss, Terri Brisbin
A Grosvenor Square Christmas (HR) by Anna Campbell, Shana Galen, Kate Noble, Vanessa Kelly
Snowy Night with a Stranger (HR)  by Sabrina Jeffries, Jane Feather, Julia London -- I gave it 4 stars.
Coming Home for Christmas (HR) by Carla Kelly
School for Heiresses (HR) by Sabrina Jeffries, Julia London, Liz Carlyle, Renee Bernard -- I gave it 4 stars.
Christmas Wedding Belles (HR) by Nicola Cornick, Margaret McPhee, Miranda Jarrett
Gifts of Love (HR) by Lisa Kleypas and Kay Hooper
A Historical Christmas Present (HR) by Lisa Kleypas, Lynsay Sands, Leigh Greenwood
Christmas Keepsakes (HR) by Mary Balogh, Julia Justiss, Nicola Cornick
Holiday Kisses (CR) by Jaci Burton, Shannon Stacey, HelenKay Dimon, Alison Kent
Deep Kiss of Winter (PNR) by Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter -- I gave it 4 stars.
An Enchanted Season (PNR) by Maggie Shayne, Erin McCarthy, Nalini Singh, Jean Johnson
A Bite Before Christmas (PNR) by Jeaniene Frost and Lynsay Sands -- I gave it 4 stars.
The Magical Christmas Cat (PNR) by Nalini Singh, Lora Leigh, Linda Winstead Jones, Erin McCarthey
Men Under the Mistletoe (M/M) by Josh Lanyon, Ava March, Harper Fox, K.A. Mitchell -- I gave it 3.5 stars.
My True Love Gave To Me (YA) by Stephanie Perkins and more
Let It Snow (YA) by John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle

Novellas (Under 200 pages and can be purchased individually)
A Taste of Midnight by Lara Adrian (PNR)
Winter's Heat by Zoe Archer (HR) -- I gave it 3.5 stars.
A MacKenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift by Jennifer Ashley (HR) -- I gave it 4.5 stars.
Holiday Games by Jaci Burton (CR)
Holiday on Ice by Jaci Burton (CR)
Her Christmas Earl by Anna Campbell (HR)
Once Upon a Christmas Kiss by Manda Collins (HR)
Let It Snow by Heidi Cullinan (M/M) -- I gave it 3 stars.
Sleigh Ride by Heidi Cullinan (M/M) -- I gave it 4 stars.
Once Upon a Winter's Eve by Tessa Dare (HR) -- I gave it 3.5 stars.
A Christmas Gone Perfectly Wrong by Cecilia Grant (HR)
I'm Dreaming of an Undead Christmas by Molly Harper (PNR) -- I gave it 3.5 stars.
Dragos Takes a Holiday by Thea Harrison (PNR)
His for Christmas by Jennifer Haymore (HR)
Deck the Halls with Love by Lorraine Heath (HR) -- I gave it 3.5 stars.
A Maiden Lane Christmas Special by Elizabeth Hoyt (HR) -- I gave it 4 stars.
Room at the Inn by Ruthie Knox (CR)
Icecapade by Josh Lanyon (M/M)
The Dickens with Love by Josh Lanyon (M/M) -- I gave it 4.5 stars.
A Kiss for Midwinter by Courtney Milan (HR) -- I gave it 4 stars.
Merry Gentlemen by Josephine Myles (M/M)
The Viscount's Christmas Temptation by Erica Ridley (HR) -- I gave it 3 stars.
Midnight in Death by JD Robb (RS) -- I gave it 3 stars.
Beat of Temptation by Nalini Singh (PNR) -- I gave it 4 stars.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful list that you have here! I love it and you know how much I adore Christmas romances...they are some of the best themed one. There are many here I have yet to read. Thanks for sharing these. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.