Saturday, December 13, 2014

STACKING THE SHELVES (60)

STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.

 
~BOUGHT~
Breaking the Rules (Pushing the Limits, #1.5)
Breaking the Rules by Katie McGarry (NA contemporary)
Love Echo and Noah!  I'm excited to read more about them.

The Wrong Brother's Bride
The Wrong Brother's Bride by Alison Merritt (historical romance)
Misunderstood hero?  Marriage of convenience?  I am so there!

Sweet Disorder (Lively St. Lemeston, #1)
Sweet Disorder by Rose Lerner (historical romance)
I enjoyed Lerner's debut (In For a Penny) years ago and the premise of this one intrigues me.

 A Christmas Gone Perfectly Wrong (Blackshear Family, #0.5)
A Christmas Gone Perfectly Wrong by Cecilia Grant (historical romance)
I always will be happy for more with Grant's unique Blackshear family!


~BORROWED FROM THE LIBRARY~
The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1)
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski (YA fantasy)
I kept seeing bloggers mention this series on their TTT lists for sequels/2015 releases they were excited for.  I had to know what I was missing. 

~RECEIVED FOR REVIEW~
 Phantom's Dance
Phantom's Dance by Lesa Howard (YA contemporary)
I couldn't pass up this Phantom of the Opera retelling set in the world of ballet.  Thanks to Edelweiss for the e-galley!

If the Viscount Falls (The Duke's Men, #4)
If The Viscount Falls by Sabrina Jeffries (historical romance)
I'm ready for Dom and Jane to finally get their happy ending.  This series has been a little up-and-down for me, but I always trust Sabrina Jeffries to bring it home. 
Thanks to Netgalley for the e-ARC!

Crimson Bound
Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge (YA fantasy)
I still need to read Cruel Beauty, but I couldn't pass this up when I saw it.  Thanks to Edelweiss for the e-ARC!

Omega City (Omega City, #1)
Omega City by Diana Peterfreund (MG science fiction)
I freaking LOVED Peterfreund's YA sci-fi/dystopian series so I have to see what she can do in the middle grade genre.  Thanks to Edelweiss for the e-ARC!

Things We Know by Heart
Things We Know By Heart by Jessi Kirby (YA contemporary)
I haven't read any of Kirby's books, but I know many readers/bloggers who adore her.  Thanks to Edelweiss for the e-ARC!

 Return to Clan Sinclair (Clan Sinclair, #3.5)
Return to Clan Sinclair by Karen Ranney (historical romance) 
I can never say no to Highlander-themed romances!  Thanks to Edelweiss for the e-ARC!

***********
WEEKLY RECAP

I READ... 
How the Scoundrel Seduces by Sabrina Jeffries -- Loved getting to see Tristan finally get his happy ending!  I enjoyed the respectful inclusion of Romany culture as well.  Review coming soon.

Once Upon a Christmas Kiss by Manda Collins --  Cute holiday story with a beta hero and a governess heroine.  Review coming soon.

Hell on Wheels by Z.A. Maxfield -- Really enjoying this series!  Nash was super likable with his adorable family and protective nature.  Spencer just seemed super sexy and sweet.  I wasn't a huge fan of the ex storyline, but it all worked out in the end.  Review coming soon.


4 comments:

  1. Awesome stack of books. You got so many great books. The Winner's Curse was so good. I loved it. You will love it I hope. Plus there are a few new books that I need to get my hands on.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great books, Jennifer! I'm so excited for you to read The Winner's Curse! Tell me what you think of it when you're done reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! These look great. I can't wait to read Ranney's and Jeffries books. Hope you are enjoying the holidays!! Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Breaking the Rules, too! I've started reading it and I really like it so far. But I'm not too far in and I didn't read ANYTHING this weekend! I need get back in the reading game. Enjoy all your goodies, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.