Tuesday, November 18, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Sequels I Can't Wait To Get


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

~Ten Sequels I Can't Wait To Get~

For this list, I decided to concentrate on sequels that have already been published.  I will be focusing on late 2014/early 2015 releases I want in the next few TTT posts.

Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3)
1. Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin #3) by Robin LaFevers -- I'm excited to read Annith's story after learning so much about her in earlier books.

Wicked Temptation (Nemesis, Unlimited, #3)
2. Wicked Temptation (Nemesis Unlimited #3) by Zoe Archer -- I love this historical series which reminds me of Ocean's Eleven and Leverage.

A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil, #2)
3. A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil #2) by Soman Chainani -- I'm all about fairy tale retellings and I enjoyed the first book in this middle grade series.

The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)
4. The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus #3) by Rick Riordan -- I really need to finish this series up.  I love it, but I always forget to request it from the library.

Tricked (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #4)
5. Tricked (Iron Druid Chronicles #4) by Kevin Hearne -- I am hopelessly behind on Atticus's adventures, but I plan on getting back on track soon.

Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2)
6. Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson #2) by Darynda Jones -- The first book made me laugh so much that I need to know what type of kooky situation Charley gets into next plus Reyes!

Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
7. Quintana of the Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles #3) by Melina Marchetta -- I sped through the first two books and just haven't gotten around to this one though I love Marchetta's voice.

Magic Study (Study, #2)
8. Magic Study (Study #2) by Maria V. Snyder -- Another YA fantasy I loved that I need to get back into soon.

The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #12)
9. The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood #12) by JR Ward -- I'm just not sure where I stand on this series anymore.  I'm kinda interested in seeing Wrath and Beth again, but there is so much going on that I am losing interest.

Killer Queen (Painted Faces, #2)
10. Killer Queen (Painted Faces #2) by L.H. Cosway -- I loved the first book which focuses on the romance between an eccentric young woman and a straight drag queen so I have to read the story from Nicholas/Vivica's point of view.

8 comments:

  1. Ooo, The Mark of Athena is so, so good. I think that is my favorite in the series. Either Mark of Athena, or House of Hades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up Mortal Heart from the library, cannot wait to dig in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous! I am on the waiting list at my library...hopefully it will get in fast.

      Delete
  3. I agree with you on The King. I love wrath and beth but the series has gotten so complicated. I hope one day to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't make myself care much about the characters anymore. I kept going because I wanted to see Qhuinn and Blay get their HEA, but now its like meh for me.

      Delete
  4. Great list, Jennifer! :) A lot of these books come from series which I've been meaning to start since forever, read: His Fair Assassin, Charley Davidson, Lumatere. :) And now I'm interested with L.H. Cosway's Painted Faces. I've only read Six of Hearts but the way you described it makes me want to read it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out Six of Hearts now. Painted Faces was really different, but soooo good!

      Delete
  5. Ooh, some good series in this list! I binge-read the Heroes of Olympus once book 5 came out; they were a lot of fun. (Heads up - you're going to need to go right into House of Hades after Mark of Athena, due to a cliffhanger ending.) I've been meaning to read the Lumatere, Study, and His Fair Assassin series for a while now, but haven't yet started any of them. And I bogged down in Tricked, so I need to get back to that series, too!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.