Thursday, November 6, 2014

THROWBACK THURSDAY-HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (51)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.

THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3) An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3)
An Offer From A Gentleman (Bridgerton Family #3) by Julia Quinn
Originally Published in July 2001

Sophie Beckett never dreamed she′d be able to sneak into Lady Bridgerton′s famed masquerade ball - or that "Prince Charming" would be waiting there for her! Though the daughter of an earl, Sophie has been relegated to the role of servant by her disdainful stepmother. But now, spinning in the strong arms of the debonair and devastatingly handsome Benedict Bridgerton, she feels like royalty. Alas, she knows all enchantments must end when the clock strikes midnight.

Who was that extraordinary woman? Ever since that magical night, a radiant vision in silver has blinded Benedict to the attractions of any other - except, perhaps, this alluring and oddly familiar beauty dressed in housemaid′s garb whom he feels compelled to rescue from a most disagreeable situation. He has sworn to find and wed his mystery miss, but this breathtaking maid makes him weak with wanting her. Yet, if he offers her his heart, will Benedict sacrifice his only chance for a fairy tale love?

*******************
An adorable retelling of the Cinderella fairy tale featuring Benedict Bridgerton.  This is a favorite series of mine and An Offer From A Gentleman is one of the best in it.  I loved both Benedict and Sophie and thought Julia Quinn handled the finer points of the fairy tale well.  I also enjoyed the interactions with the Bridgerton family and the parallels with Sophie's family minus Posy, of course.

3 comments:

  1. This was actually the first JQ book I ever read. I was home from college for the winter break, and I picked this one up. I stayed up until 4 to finish it. Obviously I love JQ, but for some reason, I've always been very nervous to re-read this one. I think parts of it left me feeling sad. I think it was also the first, or one of the first, historical romances I read, so that could be part of it too.

    I should re-read this to see how I feel about it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWW!! I loved this one too!! Kinda different from the others, but just as romantic and witty. I love how any book I read from this author I just fall madly for. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a timely feature! Julia Quinn was so amused that Benedict Cumberbatch is marrying Sophie Hunter -- and the coincidence (of names) is uncanny. ^_^

    Loved this book! ^_^

    Happy TBT! Here's to our second year of features and discoveries!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.