Saturday, November 22, 2014

STACKING THE SHELVES (59)

STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.

 
~BOUGHT~
Killer Queen (Painted Faces, #2) The Lucky Charm (Portland Pioneers, #1)Kiss Me Like This (The Morrisons, #1)

Killer Queen (Painted Faces #2) by L.H. Cosway (contemporary romance) -- I bought this after I remembered it while writing this week's TTT post about sequels.  Definitely excited to read about Nicholas's point of view of Painted Faces.

The Lucky Charm (Portland Pioneers #1) by Beth Bolden (contemporary romance) -- I love baseball books so I had to get this when it went on sale.

Kiss Me Like This (Morrisons #1) by Bella Andre (NA contemporary) -- I had to try it after reading Quinn's review.  I'm trying to be more open with NA romances and this seems to be a good one.

***********
WEEKLY RECAP

I READ... 

The Understatement of the Year (Ivy Years #3) by Sarina Bowen (NA contemporary) -- Rikker and Graham really messed with my emotions in this book. Wonderfully written and extremely romantic.  Review coming soon.

Mastering the Marquess (Bound & Determined #1) by Lavinia Kent (historical erotica) -- I'm not really into erotic romances, but the premise of this intrigued me.  I thought the final part was a little overly dramatic especially compared to the well-written and subtle (for erotica) romance. 


5 comments:

  1. I like the cover for the Bella Andre book. The other two books are new to me. Nice haul.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I really hope you like Kiss Me Like This. I really liked that any kind of conflict they had was due to them dealing with issues outside their relationship. They wanted to be able to be with each other when they were feeling better, you know? Not all that drama of "I've been burned in love before so I'm never going to love again" stuff. Which isn't bad, but it's nice when it isn't like that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quick lowdown on Painted Faces in last week's TTT made me want to check it out. I hope you'll enjoy Killer Queen. I've been meaning to start Sarina Bowen's Ivy Years series. I've heard so many wonderful things about all three books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the Bella Andre! She has such fun reads :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good book haul here!

    Check mine out?

    http://universalbookworm.co.uk/?p=189

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.