Friday, November 14, 2014

STACKING THE SHELVES (58)

STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.

 
~BOUGHT~

At The Billionaire's Wedding

At the Billionaire's Wedding by Maya Rodale, Caroline Linden, Miranda Neville, Katharine Ashe (contemporary romance)
I love three of these authors' historical romances and I am excited to read their contemporary voices.  Plus this continues the saga of Duke and Jane from Rodale's Bad Boys and Wallflowers series!

Betsy Tacy Treasury
Betsy-Tacy Treasury (Betsy-Tacy #1-4) by Maud Hart Lovelace (children's fiction)
While I've heard of these books, I've never actually given them a try so I bought this collection of the first four books when it was put on sale this week.

~RECEIVED FOR REVIEW~

The Earl's Defiant Wallflower (The Dukes of War #1)
The Earl's Defiant Wallflower (Dukes of War #1) by Erica Ridley (historical romance)
I am definitely intrigued by this historical which features a returning war hero and an America heiress.  [Netgalley]

Revealing Ruby (Bound and Determined, #1.5)
Revealing Ruby (Bound and Determined #1.5) by Lavinia Kent (historical/erotica romance)
I have the first in this series (Mastering the Marquess) and am going to try to read both books this weekend.  [Netgalley]

***********
WEEKLY RECAP

I READ... 

Never Judge A Lady By Her Cover by Sarah MacLean -- Great ending to the series!  Chase's story was my favorite and definitely worth the wait.  Review coming soon.

Take Me On by Katie McGarry -- Not my favorite in the series, but still very emotional read. Review coming soon.

Sleigh Ride by Heidi Cullinan -- This was just an adorable romance between a logger and a small town librarian who discover each other. 

Starstruck by L.A. Witt -- Super sweet friends-to-lovers romance. I loved the setting and the television show background. Full series review coming soon.

Something About Ari by L.B. Gregg -- Not as good as Starstruck, but I still liked it. I thought Ari and Buck were great and I wanted more from their story. The ending was pretty abrupt. Full series review coming soon.


6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I am so interested with At the Billionaire's Wedding. Will this be the first time these authors are going to be writing contemporaries? I'm a little excited lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rodale did some contemporary novellas as part of the Bad Boys and Wallflowers series, but I think this is the first contemporaries for the others.

      Delete
  2. I'm actually reading Never Judge a Lady by her cover right now and am enjoying it. The Erica Ridley book looks so very good. Great stack of books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been curious about Erica Ridley. Looking forward to your thoughts on the Billionaire's wedding...its always interesting to see how historical authors do with Contemporary and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the Betsy Tacy series. Cute one. Happy reads.
    here's my sts:
    http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2014/11/stacking-shelves-111514.html

    AND, if you like Jane Austen, feel free to check out my Pemberley Ball virtual book event here:
    http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2014/11/pemberley-ball-2014-schedule.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read one Betsy Tacy book - the first ones, a few years ago, but I really want to read the others. Enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.