Saturday, November 8, 2014

STACKING THE SHELVES (57)

STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.

 
~BOUGHT~

Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)

Burn For Me (Hidden Legacy #1) by Ilona Andrews [audio] -- I've been wanting to try to Andrews's writing and this new series sounds like the best one to start with.

~BORROWED FROM THE LIBRARY~

Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4) Christmas Brides How to Tame Your Duke (A Princess In Hiding, #1)

Take Me On (Pushing the Limits #4) by Katie McGarry -- I can't believe I still haven't read this, but it finally came in at my library.

Christmas Brides by Suzanne Enoch, Alexandra Hawkins, Elizabeth Essex, Valerie Bowman -- I like three of these authors and I'm always looking for fun holiday novellas.

How To Tame Your Duke (A Princess in Hiding #1) by Juliana Gray -- Another series I've been wanting to try.

~RECEIVED FOR REVIEW~

Off Campus (Bend or Break, #1) Wanton Christmas Wishes

Off Campus (Bend or Break #1) by Amy Jo Cousins [Netgalley] -- I am becoming really intrigued by m/m romances that take place in college and this sounds like fun.

Wanton Christmas Wishes by Kate Pearce, Monica Burns, Madelynne Ellis, Samantha Kane, Eliza Lloyd, Jess Michaels [Netgalley] -- I already mentioned by love for holiday novellas and this erotica offering looked really interesting.

***********
WEEKLY RECAP

I READ... 

The Viscount's Christmas Temptation by Erica Ridley -- Very sweet holiday novella that introduces readers to Ridley's new series.

Sand and Ruin and Gold by Alexis Hall -- Beautifully written and heartbreaking romance.

Secrets of a Wedding Night by Valerie Bowman -- This was a decent debut with likable characters and some slightly annoying communication issues.  Review coming soon.

Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers -- Much darker than the first book, but just as enjoyable. Review coming soon.

Eternity in Death by JD Robb -- Fun to see the In Death gang tangle with vampire mythology. Review coming soon.

I REVIEWED...

4 comments:

  1. I bought the new Ilona Andrews book as well this week. Since it seems to be getting excellent reviews. Great stack.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Take Me On, but it really isn't my favorite of Katie McGarry's. That said, I know a number of people that liked this a lot more than Crash Into You which I loved. It's still totally worth the read though!

    Enjoy your goodies and happy reading, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am interested to see what you think of Burn for Me. I have yet to try this author, but I would love to try this book out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have to read Pushing the Limits, I've been telling myself for ages that I will but never get around to it. :( I guess I'm a little intimidated by it since everyone seems to love it. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.