Saturday, November 1, 2014

STACKING THE SHELVES (56)

STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.


~RECEIVED FOR REVIEW~

Gunpowder Alchemy (The Gunpowder Chronicles, #1)

Gunpowder Alchemy by Jeannie Lin
I love Lin's Chinese historicals and am excited to get an e-ARC of her new steampunk romance.

The Viscount of Vice: A Novella

The Viscount of Vice by Shana Galen (historical romance)
I enjoyed the one Galen historical I've tried and had to take advantage of this Read Now novella from Netgalley.

***********

WEEKLY RECAP

I READ...

Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers -- So good! I loved almost everything about it from the heroine to the romance to political intrigue to the subtle fantasy element. Review coming soon.

Innocent in Death by JD Robb -- My favorite of the series so far!  The mystery was complex, the killer fascinating, and the strife between Eve and Roarke had me listening late into the night.  Review coming soon.


3 comments:

  1. This book is brand new to me. I had never heard of this one before. It looks interesting. Steampunk you say....hmmm....

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have to read Grave Mercy, got the first two of Netgalley a few weeks ago heard great things about the series! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you loved Grave Mercy, Jennifer! I think the second book is even better! The Viscount of Vice looks pretty hot ;) I think I'll have to add that one to my TBR shelf.
    I hope you had a great weekend, and that next week will be filled with fantastic reads.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.