Sunday, November 2, 2014

MONTHLY RECAP: October 2014

Here's a quick recap of the month of OCTOBER on Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews:

REAL LIFE UPDATE...
  • I'm so happy that the fall TV season has started!  The new shows I've enjoyed so far are: Madam Secretary, Gotham, and The Flash.  And, of course, I continue to watch The Amazing Race, Survivor, Face-Off, Doctor Who, Dancing with the Stars, and The Big Bang Theory.
  • I've been building up my fall/winter wardrobe.  I love online shopping and have found some great deals lately.
  • I went to see So You Think You Can Dance 2014 Tour and it was amazing!  So many amazing dances that are even better live!
  • The weather is getting colder and I am not ready for winter!  It is 35 degrees today and it makes me want to snuggle under a blanket and hibernate until spring.

BOOKS I READ... (in ratings order)

5 Stars
Chained by Night by Larissa Ione Innocent in Death by J.D. Robb

4.5 Stars
The Hook Up by Kristen Callihan Dark Skye by Kresley Cole

4 Stars
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers The Accidental Countess by Valerie Bowman The Year We Fell Down by Sarina Bowen Born in Death by J.D. Robb Darling Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt The Year We Hid Away by Sarina Bowen Memory in Death by J.D. Robb How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell

3.5 Stars
Haunted in Death by J.D. Robb Stand By You by A.M. Arthur Foundation of Trust by A.M. Arthur

3 Stars
Blonde Date by Sarina Bowen Frozen Heart by Heidi Cullinan

REVIEWS I PUBLISHED...

Evernight by Kristen Callihan
Snow Falling On Bluegrass by Molly Harper
Fever Pitch by Heidi Cullinan
Not In The Script by Amy Finnegan
Rock Courtship by Nalini Singh
The Year We Fell Down by Sarina Bowen
Memory in Death by JD Robb
How To Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell
The Year We Hid Away by Sarina Bowen
Chained By Night by Larissa Ione
Haunted in Death by JD Robb
The Accidental Countess by Valerie Bowman
Dark Skye by Kresley Cole

MEMES I PARTICIPATED IN...

Top Ten Tuesday
      Throwback Thursday-Historical Romance Edition
          Stacking the Shelves

          2 comments:

          1. I love when the new fall shows start too! Though this year there have been a few duds for me. :(

            Seeing SYTYCD live must have been awesome. I would love to see them but they haven't come close enough to me to be able to do it.

            ReplyDelete
          2. Aww, I'm jealous you got to see SYTYCD tour. They aren't stopping anywhere near where I live. Glad you loved it!

            ReplyDelete

          Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.