Tuesday, October 21, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY: New Series I Want to Start

Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

~Top New Series I Want To Start~

Bitter Spirits (Roaring Twenties, #1)
1. Roaring Twenties series by Jenn Bennett (Historical/Paranormal Romance) 
1920s San Francisco with ghosts?  I'm sold!

Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1)
2. My Fair Assassin trilogy by Robin LaFevers (YA Historical Fantasy) 
I have been meaning to try this series for ages.  I love medieval history and the fantasy element just makes that much more intriguing.

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
3. Throne of Glass trilogy by Sarah J. Maas (YA Fantasy) 
I have the first book and was waiting for the whole series to be completed.

Secrets of a Wedding Night (Secret Brides, #1)
4. Secret Brides series by Valerie Bowman (Historical Romance) 
I have liked Bowman's Playful Brides series and am anxious for more of her writing.

The Rules (Project Paper Doll, #1)
5. Project Paper Doll series by Stacey Kade (YA Science Fiction)
I liked The Ghost and the Goth and want to read more.

How to Tame Your Duke (A Princess In Hiding, #1)
6. A Princess in Hiding series by Juliana Gray (Historical Romance)
I love royalty in historicals so I'm going to give this one a try.

Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)
7. White Rabbit Chronicles series by Gena Showalter (Paranormal Romance)
Love Gena's adult paranormals and will try this even though zombies creep me out.

Splintered (Splintered, #1)
8. Splintered series by A.G. Howard (YA Fantasy)
I'm always interested in Wonderland-inspired books.

Saving the Rifleman (War Girls, #1)
9. War Girls series by Julie Rowe (Historical Romance)
I really want to try this series with World War II nurses.

The Dark Lady (Mad Passions, #1)
10. Mad Passions series by Maire Claremont (Historical Romance)
I got the whole trilogy through Goodreads First Reads program and am excited to get started.

6 comments:

  1. Nice selection, Jennifer. My Fair Assassin made my list too :) I have Splintered on my shelf, bought it months ago but haven't really started it yet. As for the Throne of Glass series, I like the first book but wasn't really in love with it like I thought I would be. I do have the second book already but I have to take a little breather in between this series. The Mad Passions series looks amazing! It's definitely on my TBR list. :)

    Thanks for sharing! Here's my TTT post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, Jennifer! Seems like the Throne of Glass series made it into everyone's list huh. Might as well give it a try, since everyone has been raving about this.
    Also, I'm noticing a fantasy/urban fantasy trend here :) My TTT post is more on the dystopian side, but I feel like fantasy is going to be the next big thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked Alice in Zombieland, but I haven't read the other books yet. I really need to make time for that.

    I also need to read Grave Mercy. I've also been meaning to for ages. I just love the covers for those books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gray's series is fantastic. I need to start Bennett's series too. I have book one just haven't gotten to it yet. One day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks. I am OBSESSED with Throne of Glass! That series is amazing and gets better with each new book, I highly recommend it. I hope you can get to some of these soon :) TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard a lot about Throne of Glass trilogy. Didn't make my list but is one I want to try!
    Here's mine in case you want to see mine: http://wonderstruck-kcks.blogspot.com/2014/10/top-ten-tuesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.