Thursday, October 16, 2014

THROWBACK THURSDAY-HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (48)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.

THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

My False Heart (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron, #1) 
My False Heart by Liz Carlyle
Originally Published in 1999

When Elliot Armstrong, the dissolute marquis of Rannoch, pursues a spiteful mistress into the wilds of Essex to sever their relationship, he is surprised to find himself hopelessly lost -- in more ways than one. Inexplicably drawn to a warmly fit house along an isolated country lane, he is mistaken for an overdue guest -- but he dares not reveal his identity for fear of being tossed back out into the torrential rain, a fate he admittedly deserves. The loving family that innocently welcomes Rannoch into their midst soon challenges his cynical convictions, and ultimately, resurrects his shattered dreams.

Drawn by desire, Elliot and Evangeline discover a powerful love neither thought possible. But malevolent forces surround them, and soon their secrets will be exposed and their hearts tested to unthinkable limits. Only if they can forgive the past will they have a future.


**********
This is Liz Carlyle's debut and is the book that got me glomming her backlist a few years ago.  I haven't read this one in awhile, but I remember how much fun it was to see Elliot redeem himself after meeting the Rannoch family.  The characters are well-developed, the writing is impressive, and the romance is very satisfying.  It won a Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award for Best First Historical Romance back in 1999.

All About Romance (B+)
Mrs. Giggles (88)
RT Book Reviews (4.5 Stars)

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I am adding this to my TBR right now. I've never read anything by Liz Carlyle but it sounds like this is the one to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely have to add this one, I would love to read her earlier books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh one of my locals. *hangs head in shame* because I've not read her yet.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.