Saturday, October 25, 2014

STACKING THE SHELVES (55)

STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.

 
~BOUGHT~
Billionaire with Benefits (Romancelandia #2)
Billionaire With Benefits by Anne Tenino (male/male contemporary) -- I loved the first Romancelandia book and am always up for a good friendship romance.


Innocent in Death (In Death, #24) Eternity in Death (In Death, #24.5)
Innocent in Death & Eternity in Death by JD Robb (romantic suspense) -- Numbers 24 and 24.5...moving along!

Crocodile on the Sandbank (Amelia Peabody #1)
Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters (historical fiction) -- I have been wanting to the Amelia Peabody series for ages so I took advantage of another Audible sale to add it to my collection.

~RECEIVED FOR REVIEW~
He's No Prince Charming (Ever After, #1)
He's No Prince Charming by Elle Daniels (historical romance) -- A debut with a romantic matchmaker and a brooding marquis.  From Netgalley.

The Viscount's Christmas Temptation
The Viscount's Christmas Temptation by Erica Ridley (historical romance) -- I am obsessed with holiday novellas so I had to take advantage of this prequel to the upcoming Dukes of War series.  From Netgalley.


***********
WEEKLY RECAP

I READ...
The Hook Up by Kristen Callihan --  Just wonderful! I fell in love with both Drew and Anna. Kristen Callihan has proved that she is an amazing writer regardless of genre.

Dark Skye by Kresley Cole -- Really loved this one! Thronos and Lanthe have been circling each other for many books and it was great to learn more about them. Definitely recommend reading the other IAD books first or you will be really confused. The ending was way too abrupt for my taste...I wanted more!

Born in Death by JD Robb -- Loved it! Eve had two cases to deal with and it was fun to see her ability to multitask. The murder creeped me out especially when things were revealed at the end. Plus baby time!!

Darling Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt -- Fabulously written heroine, swoon-worthy hero, and plenty of Hoyt's steamy romance. The only issue I had was the resolution of the mystery which happened awfully quick to my mind.

Blonde Date by Sarina Bowen -- I loved Andy and wish that this had been a full-length story. Review coming soon.


7 comments:

  1. Awesome stack. Been seeing the Erica Ridley around a few blogs this week. Looks like some fabulous reading is in store for you this weekend.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really need to give those In Death books a read! Also, I think the cover for He's No Prince Charming is sooo cute. I love all the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's No Prince Charming is a book that I have been wanting to read. Looks like you had a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy your new books!

    Come and check out OUaT's STS and if you're a TWITTER user don't forget to RT & Follow @Twilightsdance for a chance to win a Spooktacular Box of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I've been looking at He's No Prince Charming and thinking I need to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't heard of these so will have to check some of them out! :) Happy reading!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Viscount one looks like a fun one for xmas time. Happy reading.
    here's my sts:
    http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2014/10/stacking-shelves-102514.html

    and if you like Jane Austen, please join me at the Pemberley Ball:
    http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2014/10/pemberley-ball-2014-next-month.html

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.