Saturday, October 18, 2014

STACKING THE SHELVES (54)

STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.

 
~BOUGHT~

Darling Beast (Maiden Lane, #7)
Darling Beast (Maiden Lane #7) by Elizabeth Hoyt (historical romance)
One of my favorite HR writers.  Her latest features a lord who is falsely accused of murder and an impoverished actress.

~BORROWED FROM THE LIBRARY~

Secrets of a Wedding Night (Secret Brides, #1)
Secrets of a Wedding Night (Secret Brides #1) by Valerie Bowman (historical romance)
I have enjoyed the first two in Bowman's Playful Brides series and want to read more of her work.  This is her debut novel.


~RECEIVED FOR REVIEW~

Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2)
Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) and Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin #2) by Robin LaFevers (YA historical fantasy)
I've been wanting to try this series with nun assassins so I had to take advantage when they were designated Read Now.  Thanks to Netgalley and Houghton Mifflin!

The Eternity Key (Into the Dark, #2)
The Eternity Key (Into the Dark #2) by Bree Despain (YA paranormal)
I really liked the first in this series inspired by the Hades/Persephone myth (The Shadow Prince) and am ready for more Haden and Daphne.  Thanks to Netgalley and EgmontUSA!


***********
WEEKLY RECAP

I READ... 
The Accidental Countess by Valerie Bowman -- Cute historical with unrequited love and a second son determined to prove himself.  

Haunted in Death by JD Robb -- Novella where Eve, Roarke, and the gang deal with murder, ghosts, and karma.

Chained By Night by Larissa Ione -- Even better than the first book....creative vampire world with a tormented heroine and a chief hero.

I REVIEWED...

5 comments:

  1. I also really need to read Grave Mercy and Dark Triumph, and Mortal Heart. I actually bought the first book when I was at the Rochester Teen Book Festival a year and a half ago because the author was there. But I still haven't read it. You know how it goes.

    But everyone raves about the series. I'm thinking of listening via audiobook, though. Enjoy your books and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul of books. I really like the historical romances covers. Great stack.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at your books I feel how my TBR pile is growing. Not that I'm complaining but... when I'm gonna read them all I dunno. Happy reading! :)

    My STS:http://readingadd.blogspot.ro/2014/10/stacking-shelves-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up Grave Mercy last week, can't wait to read it. :) Happy reading!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.