Tuesday, September 2, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Characters That Would Be Sitting At My Lunch table


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

~Ten Book Characters That Would Be Sitting At My Lunch Table~

Fangirl
1. Cath -- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell -- Probably one of the book characters that I related to the most with her anti-social personality and obsession with writing fanfiction. (REVIEW)

Obsidian (Lux, #1)
2. Katy -- Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout -- She's a book blogger!  Of course, I would be hanging out with her. (REVIEW)

Neanderthal Seeks Human: A Smart Romance (Knitting in the City, #1)
3. Janie -- Neanderthal Meets Human by Penny Reid -- She's a geek who has a tendency to blurt out random trivia in social situations.  We would get along fabulously, I think.  (REVIEW)

The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
4. Mia -- Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot -- There are things I don't have in common with Mia like the environmental obsession and the hipster vibe, but I like her and think we could be good friends.

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1)
5. Jane -- Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper -- A children's librarian who is obsessed with Jane Austen.  Thankfully, this imaginary situation would be before she is turned into a vampire. (REVIEW)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
6. Hermione -- Harry Potter series by JK Rowling -- This one is wishful thinking on my part because I think Hermione is so amazing.

Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)
7. Sydney -- Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead -- Another studious character who is uncomfortable in real-life situations...I'm starting to see a pattern here. :) (REVIEW)

An Abundance of Katherines
8. Colin -- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green -- Probably the lone guy at the table with his math obsession and bad luck with girls...especially ones named Katherine.

Matilda
9. Matilda -- Matilda by Roald Dahl -- We could talk incessantly about books and figure out ways to beat the Trunchbull.

You Don't Have to Say You Love Me
10. Neve Slater -- You Don't Have To Say You Love Me by Sarra Manning -- She loves books, movies, and history.  We are bound to be best friends. (REVIEW)

6 comments:

  1. Oh Katy made my list too and I love your pick of Sydney -- she is one of my favorites!!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a lot of people have said Cath this week! I have Fangirl on my shelf but I have yet to get round to it. I loved Rainbow Rowell's other books so I am hoping I love this one! :)

    Thanks for sharing & great TTT! :) xo

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fangirl is so good! I hope you get to read it soon.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, yes to Matilda! I want her at my lunch table, too!! And I feel the same way about Cath. I've never come across a character that I saw myself in as much as Cath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured you would like the Matilda choice. I think a lot of people had Cath on their list this week. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Looks like an interesting crew! lol I only "know" Matilda and Jane. Well, Mia from the movies but not the books. lol

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.