Tuesday, September 30, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books That Were Hard For Me To Read


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

~Top Ten Books That Were Hard For Me To Read~
  
For this week's list, I decided to focus on books that I liked, but had a hard time reading due to the subject matter.

The Book Thief
1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak -- Holocaust

Dreamland
2. Dreamland by Sarah Dressen -- Domestic violence

The Fault in Our Stars
3. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green -- Cancer

Thirteen Reasons Why
4. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher -- Suicide

Breathing Underwater (Breathing Underwater, #1)
5. Breathing Underwater by Alex Flinn -- Domestic violence from the viewpoint of the abuser

Visions in Death (In Death, #19)
6. Visions in Death by JD Robb -- Serial killer who takes victims' eyes (Review)

Aftermath (Aftermath, #1)
7. Aftermath by Cara Dee -- Kidnapping and torture

Living Dead Girl
8. Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott -- Kidnapping and rape

Broken Wing
9. Broken Wing by Judith James -- Rape and torture

Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #8) Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #12)
10. Acheron/Styxx by Sherrilyn Kenyon -- Unimaginable torture (Review for Styxx)

8 comments:

  1. Oh yes on Acheron. That was hard. I haven't read Styxx yet but someday. And gah the eyeballs. ::shudder::

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read DREAMLAND and yeah. I'll have a review on my blog, it was okay. The writing was good. I did, though, enjoy TFiOS and really enjoy THE BOOK THIEF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, Dreamland. That was sooooo difficult to read. It's been years since I read it, but wow. And seriously, TFiOS.

    And I still haven't read The Book Thief. I'm terrified.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will agree with you on Acheron...I listened to that on audio...and oh my goodness I just wanted to die. I have yet to read styxx though but I really want to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these. The Book Thief is on my TBR list, though. I've seen it on a number of lists today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually haven't read any of these yet but those are serious and dark topics indeed. Thanks for sharing, Jennifer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god, how did I forget Living Dead Girl? That book is so disturbing. It's been ages since I read it, but I am still mad that I finished it! ~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-28W

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the Book Thief and while I did enjoy it and didn't find it too emotionally hard on me to read, I can understand how others may find it to be so. Also, I have never read 13 reasons why but I really want to. Thanks for reminding me about it :)

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/10/dying-for-living-review-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.