Thursday, September 18, 2014

THROWBACK THURSDAY-HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (44)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.

THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

Thunder and Roses (Fallen Angels, #1)

Thunder and Roses by Mary Jo Putney
Originally Published in 1993

They called him the Demon Earl. They said he could do anything. Son of a rogue and a gypsy, Nicholas Davies was a notorious rake until a shattering betrayal left him alone and embittered in the Welsh countryside.

Desperation drives quiet schoolteacher Clare Morgan to ask the Demon Earl to help save her village. Unwilling to involve himself in the problems of others, Nicholas sets an impossible price on his aid --- only if Clare agrees to live with him for three months, letting the world think the worst, will he intervene.

Furiously, Clare accepts his outrageous challenge, and finds herself drawn into a glittering Regency world of danger and desire. As allies, she and Nicholas fight to save her community. As adversaries, they explore the hazardous terrain of power and sensuality. And as lovers, they surrender to passion that threatens the very foundations of their lives.

*******
Another historical classic that I own, but still need to read.  I have read MJP's The Rake and loved so I know I will enjoy her popular Fallen Angel series.  I am really intrigued by the fact that the heroine is a schoolteacher and the hero is a disgraced rake.  Have you read this?  What did you think?

6 comments:

  1. Oh that does sound entertaining. I've not tried her yet. Hopefully one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I'm not sure I would like this one. Nicholas seems like a total ass. But if you read it, and review it, maybe I will change my mind. I love historical romance, but I can be very picky about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty picky too. I have had this book recommended to me by readers I trust so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

      Delete
  3. Oh this author is just wonderful!! I haven't had a chance to read this one yet though. Definitely on my list

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very memorable book for me! My first Mary Jo Putney! I never finished reading the series, though. =(

    Are you following her current series on the Lonely Lords?

    Thank you for joining this week's TBT:HR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lonely Lords series is on my wishlist. Unfortunately, the only MJP book I've read is The Rake which I loved. So many books...so little time!

      Delete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.