Thursday, September 11, 2014

THROWBACK THURSDAY-- HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (43)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.

THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

Libby's London Merchant (Nesbitt, #1) 
Libby's London Merchant by Carla Kelly
Originally Published: April 1991

Beautiful Miss Libby Ames knew little about the man who landed unexpectedly at her country manor. Only that he called himself Mr. Nesbitt Duke, a London merchant. And after one look at Libby, he claimed he’d fallen in love. But it was soon clear that this handsome stranger was not being entirely truthful.

Arriving at Libby’s doorstep was not fate, but rather an encounter of Nesbitt’s own design. Furthermore, his position in life was far from that of a merchant. His name too was a lie. But his true identity was still not the greatest mystery. For Libby had no idea of the secret longings of her own heart—or what to do next about the mystery man, and the passionate love that has taken her by shocking surprise.


*************
Carla Kelly's Regency romances are ones that I look for when I want a comfortable and sweet read.  I haven't read this book yet, but I do have a copy on my TBR shelf.  I'm not usually a fan of characters that hide their identity from another, but I trust Carla Kelly to make sure everything works out perfectly.  Here's a few reviews that make me want to read the book even more:

All About Romance
Mrs. Giggles
A Willful Woman...



3 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. I often like when a character hides his/her identity. Have you ever read Andrea Kane's The Last Duke? That is such a comfort read for me. It's really not perfect. I think Kane tried to hard with the language, but still, the characters were so loveable.

    I'm going to add this to my TBR list.

    On another note - a whole bunch of your comments on my blog showed up in the spam folder. I have no idea why, but I've moved them, and hopefully no more problems happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those comfort reads. I hadn't heard of her. Will have to check her out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jennifer!

    I've heard a lot about Carla Kelly and most of her books seem to be very highly rated. I love the cover of this book!

    Thank you for joining this week's TBT:HR edition! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.