Tuesday, August 5, 2014

UPCOMING RELEASES: August 2014

A list of new releases that grabbed my attention for next month.  They are organized according to reported release date (which are subject to change).

Genre abbreviations are as follows: HR-historical romance; CR-contemporary romance; PNR-paranormal romance; UF-urban fantasy; YA-young adult fiction; MG-middle grade fiction; M/M-male/male romance; HM-historical mystery; SF-science fiction; F-fantasy.


AUGUST 5TH
  • Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout (YA-SF)
    • Conclusion to the fabulous Lux series.
  • Dark Skye by Kresley Cole (PNR)
    • Latest in the Immortals After Dark series.
  • My Beautiful Enemy by Sherry Thomas (HR)
    • Beginning of a new series from one of the most unique HR writers.
  • The House of the Four Winds by Mercedes Lackey (F)
    • Never read her, but the summary intrigues me.
  • Dust and Light by Carol Berg (F)
    • I'm trying to get into more fantasy and this grabbed me.
  • One Bite Per Night by Brooklyn Ann (HR/PNR)
    • I've been meaning to try this mix of historical and paranormal romance.
  • Crave the Night by Lara Adrian (PNR)
    • I'm really behind on the Midnight Breed series, but plan on catching up soon
  • Blood Games by Chloe Neill (UF)
    • I'm super behind on the Chicagoland series as well.
  • Love and Let Spy by Shana Galen (HR)
    • I've read only one of her historicals, but liked it so I'll put it this on my wishlist.
  • The Man Plan by Tracy Anne Warren (CR)
    • I adore Warren's historicals and am interested to see her voice in contemporary romance.
AUGUST 14TH

AUGUST 19TH
AUGUST 26TH
  • Once More My Darling Rogue by Lorraine Heath (HR)
    • Love this series with the Oliver Twist angle.
  • Evernight by Kristen Callihan (HR/PNR)
    • Latest in the wonderful Darkest London series.
  • The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost (NA-PNR)
    • I loved the Night Huntress series and am excited to see Frost's NA writing style.
  • Heroes Are My Weakness by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (CR)
    • I've had a love-hate relationship with SEP's writing lately, but I'm intrigued by this one.
  • A Duke's Wicked Kiss by Kathleen Bittner Roth (HR)
    • A new-to-me HR writer that I want to try someday.
  • The Earl's Mistress by Liz Carlyle (HR)
    • This is an author that I am slowly giving up on, but I still want to give this a try.
  • What a Duke Dares by Anna Campbell (HR)
    • I like her writing style, but haven't started this series yet.
  • What I Love About You by Rachel Gibson (CR)
    • I haven't read her in ages so I may keep my eye on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.