Tuesday, August 12, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books I'm Not Sure I Want To Read


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

~Top Ten Books I'm Not Sure I Want To Read~

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)
1. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
I loved the first book and liked the second book, but I'm scared to read the conclusion.  I've unintentionally heard some spoilers and now I'm not sure if I'll ever finish the trilogy.

Playing with Fire (Tales of an Extraordinary Girl, #1)
2. Playing With Fire by Gena Showalter
I like Showalter's writing and I found this in a sale rack at the used bookstore, but I'm having a ton of trouble getting motivated to try it out.

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)
3. City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
I liked City of Bones and I know that the *big reveal* at the end is just a red herring.  I'm just not sure if I want to know more about Clary and Jace.  I did like Simon's character and will probably try it out for him at least.

Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1)
4. Flat-Out Sexy by Erin McCarthy
I got this contemporary years ago during a stint when I was obsessed with racing romances.  It isn't a genre that I'm really into nowadays and I'm not sure if I'll ever read this.

Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
5. Born of Shadows by Sherrilyn Kenyon
I enjoyed the first three books in the series, but I thought they were a great trilogy and wasn't very excited when it was continued.  I will probably finish it eventually though I'm not very motivated.

Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #1)
6. Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
I've heard mixed reviews of this book and got it at a used bookstore.  I'm just not sure how I feel about it now.

The Ruin of a Rogue (The Wild Quartet, #2)
7. The Ruin of a Rogue by Miranda Neville
I love Neville's historicals except I wasn't really into the first book in the Wild Quartet so I haven't been really eager to read the sequel.

The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
8. The Awakening by L.J. Smith
I enjoy the Vampire Diaries TV show and got the first book during a sale.  I'm just not sure if it is worth reading the books now that I've seen the show.

Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)
9. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
I have a love-hate relationship with YA paranormals.  I absolutely adored the Vampire Academy series, but have had a hard time getting into other ones.  I want to try this one though I'm hesitant after being burned a few times.

Waterfall (River of Time, #1)
10. Waterfall by Lisa Tawn Bergren
I got this based on a blogger recommendation years ago.  I'm not usually into time travel stories so I don't know if I'll ever read this.

6 comments:

  1. I kind of wish I didn't read Allegiant (or Insurgent to be honest). I liked Beautiful Creatures It didn't blow me away like Vampire Academy did, but I do plan on continuing the series. Masque of Red Death is one that I own but not sure if I want to read. Maybe if the right mood strikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Playing with Fire, though I read that more than a few years ago, so I can't tell you much about it now. lol

    And I loved the first 3 books in Clare's series; I haven't read the last few in the series (too many books, too little time).

    Enjoy!
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll tell you, The Vampire Diaries books are completely different from the show. I got the first book in a free audio format when I bought season one of the show on dvd and I was really surprised at how different everything was. It's be awhile, but if I remember, the characters were vastly different and the plot was not the same either. Honestly, they seemed like a different series entirely. That might be good or bad because, while they were different, I actually like the show a lot more.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read two of these books - City of Ashes and Beautiful Creatures.

    I did really like the first Mortal Instrument books. So I recommend trying it out.

    As for Beautiful Creatures - meh. I didn't like it that much and it is ridiculously long. Too long, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh we have a few of those in common. City of Ashes is one I've just not been able to get myself to read even though I have it. Same with the Kenyon one though I don't know why since I loved the first ones too.

    I really enjoyed McCarthy's books. That one wasn't my all time favorite but it's a fun series. Racing but not heavy racing? More romancy with just a bit of racing happening in the background kinda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a spoiler for Allegiant as well, but still read it and wasn't blown away by it.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.