Tuesday, August 5, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books I'd Give To Readers Who Haven't Read Romance


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

~Top Ten Books I'd Give to Readers Who Haven't Read Romance~

The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)
1. The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn (historical romance)
Hilarious, heartfelt, and just so much fun!

The Countess Conspiracy (Brothers Sinister, #3)
2. The Countess Conspiracy by Courtney Milan (historical romance)
Really shows the depth that historical romance can have with a heroine you won't soon forget.

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1)
3. Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper (paranormal romance)
A great introduction to paranormals with its relatable heroine and quirky sense of humor.

Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1)
4. Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh (paranormal romance)
The beginning of a thought-provoking series that deals with insanity, passion, and everything in between.

Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1)
5. Soulless by Gail Carriger (steampunk romance)
Another quirky story with a kickass heroine and intriguing adventures.

Kiss of Steel (London Steampunk, #1)
6. Kiss of Steel by Bec McMaster (steampunk romance)
Dark, mysterious, and super sexy plus Blade is one hella of a hero.

Bet Me
7. Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie (contemporary romance)
Min is a fabulous heroine that any woman can relate to and her romance with Cal is super entertaining.

Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6)
8. Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (contemporary romance) 
The chemistry between the hero and heroine is unmatched plus the sports theme is a lot of fun.

Games of Command
9. Games of Command by Linnea Sinclair (science fiction romance)
A tortured hero, an intelligent heroine, and plenty of intrigue.

Outlander (Outlander, #1)
10. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (time travel)
It isn't technically a romance, but has some of the best elements of the genre.

10 comments:

  1. Yes! So thrilled to see Soulless on your list. That book was so much fun and I really adored the entire series. I am kind of interested in Games of Command - I just keep going back and forth with myself as to whether it would be something I'd actually enjoy. I also do want to read something by both Courtney Milan and Julia Quinn as historical is my favorite type of romance.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi i was wondering if you could help me, I want to do this on my own blog but do not know how to add my name to the linky widget... do I just press the follow button at The Broke and the Bookish? It would be much appreciated if you could help me!!

    http://therealmof-books.blogspot.com/

    xx Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You visit the weekly post at The Broke & the Bookish (http://www.brokeandbookish.com/) and go to the bottom of the list. You will see a button that says "Add Your Link" and follow the instructions from there. Hope that helps and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I own a couple of these books and I'm glad you included every type of genre that romance has to offer. Romance itself is a genre for most people but they tend not to realize you can have romance in any genre of book.
    Thanks for a great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOo nice list. I've either read them all or have them on my tbr pile :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were definitely on the same page, Jennifer! Some JQ and Match Me If You Can both made my romance TTT list this week! I still need to read those Parasol Protectorate series. Have you read Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson? I think you would like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually on the waiting list at my library for Edenbrooke so hopefully I'll be able to read it soon. I think you would love Soulless with its fabulous heroine and quirky sense of humor.

      Delete
  6. Molly Harper for the win! I loved Match Me If You Can. :) I also just picked up Outlander on audible, though listening to 30+ hours is quite daunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outlander is daunting (whether in print or audio), but is so worth the time. Davina Porter (the narrator) is one of the best...she really brings the characters and the setting to life. Are you going to try the tv show too?

      Delete
  7. Great recommendation list Jennifer! I haven't read 3, 5, 9, and 10 yet but the rest I've read and loved!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.