Saturday, August 2, 2014

STACKING THE SHELVES (43)

STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.

 
~BOUGHT~
Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5)
Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead -- The latest in the fabulous Bloodlines series.  I'm anxious to see what happens to Sydney and Adrian next.

Concealed in Death (In Death, #38)
Concealed in Death by JD Robb -- I'm still behind on this series, but found this on sale and wanted to complete my collection.

The Hidden Blade
The Hidden Blade by Sherry Thomas -- Love her historicals and was ecstatic to find this prequel to her newest series.

Attachments
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell -- Loved Fangirl and have been wanting to try more of her work.

How to Train Your Dragon (How to Train Your Dragon, #1)
How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell -- I love the movie and have been wanting to try the book series out especially after reading Quinn's fabulous review at Quinn's Book Nook.


The Hero's Guide to Storming the Castle (The League of Princes, #2)
The Hero's Guide to Storming the Castle by Christopher Healy -- I adored the first book and had to buy the audio version when it came on sale.
~BORROWED FROM THE LIBRARY~
Wonder
Wonder by R.J. Palacio -- Been wanting to try this book for ages.

~RECEIVED FOR REVIEW~
Looking for Trouble (Jackson: Girl's Night Out, #1)
Looking for Trouble by Victoria Dahl -- I loved the prequel novella (Fanning the Flames) and am really enjoying this romance with a librarian heroine.

The Game and the Governess
The Game and the Governess by Kate Noble -- I have been wanting to try a Kate Noble historical and now I've got my chance.

I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1)
I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga -- I'm not usually into serial killer stories, but the premise of this one fascinates me.

Not in the Script (If Only . . . #3)
Not In the Script by Amy Finnegan -- I love contemporaries with movie star characters so I had to request this book.

***********
WEEKLY RECAP

I READ...
The Suffragette Scandal by Courtney Milan
Avatar: The Last Airbender--The Search, Part 1 by Gene Luen Yang


4 comments:

  1. Jennifer, you picked up so many books that I love! How to Train You Dragon (obviously!) is so much fun, but definitely a bit different from the movie. Just want you to know.

    And I just adore all things Christopher Healy. Oh and WONDER! So good! And I Hunt Killers! I love all those books. Oh, oh and Attachments! You have some awesome books in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to check out some of the historical books you've mentioned here. They look good! And I really need to start the Bloodline series, since I absolutely adored the VA series. I need to check out Attachments.
    Awesome haul!
    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOo so many pretties! I need to get caught up on the In Death ones too. I'm 3 behind now I think. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many awesome books this week. I really love the VA series. Not in the Script looks really cute, and I picked that one up as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.