Monday, August 4, 2014

MONTHLY RECAP: July 2014

Here's a quick recap of the month of JULY on Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews:

REAL LIFE UPDATE
  • Work continues to be slow due to summer.  But, the university I work at is starting its fall semester this month so it should pick back up again.
  • I took my mother to see Mary Poppins the musical at a local dinner theatre and it was fabulous!  I definitely recommend it for fans of musicals or the Mary Poppins movie. 
  • I'm really starting to think about adopting a dog in the near future.  I'm a huge supporter of local animal shelters so I'm waiting for the right baby to show up.  Plus I have to get the cats used to the idea...
  • I went to the lake a few weeks ago and was very proud that I didn't get sunburned.  Yeah for SPF 75 sunscreen!!
  • I'm finally all caught up with Doctor Who so I can be ready for the premiere on August 23rd.
  • I'm doing a re-watch of Avatar: The Last Airbender.   No real reason why...I just love the show and want to see it again from the beginning.
BOOKS I READ...
4.5 Stars
Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy #2) by Deborah Harkness -- paranormal fiction
Isn't She Lovely by Lauren Layne -- NA contemporary
Divided in Death (In Death #18) by JD Robb -- romantic suspense
The Suffragette Scandal (Brothers Sinister #4) by Courtney Milan -- historical romance

4 Stars
Summer Is For Lovers by Jennifer McQuiston -- historical romance
Big Jack (In Death #17.5) by JD Robb -- romantic suspense
Maybe This Time by A.M Arthur -- M/M contemporary
Fanning the Flames by Victoria Dahl -- contemporary romance


3 Stars
Hot Rocks by Nora Roberts -- contemporary romance
Let It Snow by Heidi Cullinan -- M/M contemporary 
Caroline and the Duke by Sabrina Darby -- historical romance
Temptation in Shadows by Gena Showalter -- paranormal romance
Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Search-Part 1 by Gene Yuen Lang -- MG fantasy 

FAVORITE BOOK OF THE MONTH...
The Suffragette Scandal (Brothers Sinister, #4)

REVIEWS I PUBLISHED...
Imitation in Death (In Death #17) by JD Robb
Azagoth (Demonica #10.5) by Larissa Ione
Wallflower Gone Wild (Bad Boys and Wallflowers #2) by Maya Rodale
Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill
Highlander Most Wanted (Montgomerys and Armstrongs #2) by Maya Banks
Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy #2) by Deborah Harkness
Summer Is For Lovers by Jennifer McQuiston
Isn't She Lovely by Lauren Layne
Big Jack (In Death #17.5) by JD Robb

MEMES I PARTICIPATED IN...

Top Ten Tuesday
    Throwback Thursday-Historical Romance Edition
      Stacking the Shelves

      1 comment:

      1. Aws adopting a babe is always good :) Hope the right herd pup shows up at the right moment!

        ReplyDelete

      Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.