Tuesday, July 22, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Characters On A Deserted Island


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

~Top Ten Characters I Would Want With Me On a Deserted Island~

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
1. Katniss Everdeen -- Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
This was the first person to come to mind!  She obviously knows how to survive in unfamiliar territory and her archery skills will come in handy when it comes to food.  I could have chosen so many characters from this trilogy like Finnick or Johanna, but Katniss is still number one.

These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1)
2. Tarver Merendsen -- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meghan Spooner
This is a character who spent much of his book stranded on a deserted planet (rather than island) and he was forced to survive along with a girl who is obviously not made for such an adventure.  Since I'm horrible at anything involving the outdoors, I need someone with that type of skill and patience.

Obsidian (Lux, #1)
3. Daemon Black -- Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
He's strong and powerful so I think he would be good for battling any dangerous creatures that might be on the island.  Plus he's nice to look at and I would probably take all the enjoyment I could get in such a situation.

Outlander (Outlander, #1)
4. Jamie Fraser -- Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon
Another character who knows how to survive in unfamiliar territory though his specialty is the wilds of 18th century Scotland.  You can never have enough hunters and gatherers when stuck on an island.

Shield of Winter (Psy-Changeling, #13)
5. Vasic -- Shield of Winter by Nalini Singh
This one feels like cheating, but I decided to add him anyway.  Vasic is a powerful telekinetic whose specialty is teleportation.  I would definitely want him on the island because he could probably just teleport us to safety.

Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2)
6. Claire Randall -- Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon
I chose Claire because she is a skilled nurse and healer.  I' m sure someone will get sick or injured during our island stay and I think her knowledge of herbs and other natural remedies would come in handy.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
7. Hermione Granger -- Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
I would think I would want someone who is good in a crisis and wonderful at problem solving.  Hermione is amazing at getting through tough situations as she showed during the great Horcrux hunt in Deathly Hallows.

Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
8. Eve Dallas -- In Death series by JD Robb
She's a tough lady who also doesn't take crap from anyone.  I would think in such a situation that there would be arguing and Eve would be a great mediator.

Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10)
9. Malkom Slaine -- Demon from the Dark by Kresley Cole
He is a vemon (half-vampire, half-demon) that has spent much of his life isolated in a cave.  He knows how to survive on his own and I'm sure he would be glad to teach me.  Plus, like with Daemon, he's handsome and would be fun to hang with.

Highland Warrior (Murray Family, #9) (MacEnroy, #3)
10. Fiona MacEnroy -- Highland Warrior by Hannah Howell
She's very skilled with knives (her nickname is Fiona of the Ten Knives) and that would come in handy with hunting, protection, and cooking.

5 comments:

  1. That’s a creative list today, personally I hope to never be marooned on a deserted Island. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katniss, Tarver and Hermione all made my list too. I chose Dee instead of Daemon, though - even though Daemon would be nicer to look at! :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh heck yeah to Hermione Granger! Also Tarver made my list as well. And Daemon Black was an honorable mention. Hopefully, though, I never end up on a deserted island. I wouldn't last a day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! Katniss seems to be the go to girl today, she is the obvious choice. I would definitely get her put on hunting duty. I also picked Hermione, I love her and she's an amazing witch - that will come in useful! Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your picks, even if I haven't read a lot of the books. You clearly put a lot of thought into them, and they'd all be useful. Hermione, yes, of course. Especially if she's got her beaded bag with her -- then you'd have a tent, food, and even books. (Not to mention a portrait of Phineas Nigellus Black, in case you were wanting such a thing.)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.