Tuesday, July 8, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Blogging Confessions


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

~Top Ten Blogging Confessions~


1. I go through spurts where I am a horrible blog visitor and commenter.  These are usually random and don't have any reason for them, but they do exist.

2. I have a basic schedule that I try to follow during a week, but it isn't set in stone and I will randomly skip a day.  I used to be more obsessed with being regulated and it stressed me out too much.

3. I really have to work at writing my reviews.  I have developed a basic pattern that I follow which helps, but it is still a struggle.

4. I can only schedule posts a day or two in advance.  I wish I could reviews and memes like TTT done early enough that I wouldn't be frantic the night before.  Just doesn't work out most of the time.

5. I don't do giveaways on my blog.  I love participating in them on other blogs, but I know I would be horrible about getting the gifts to people in a timely fashion.

6. I normally don't read posts associated with blog tours and cover reveals.  There are always exceptions to the rule, but these types of posts usually don't interest me.

7. I always wish I were more creative with my posts.  I love reading the highly original posts that I see on other blogs and just have never been inspired enough to create my own.

8. I used to feel pressured to read so many books, so fast in the early years of blogging.  Now I read what I want, when I want and am much happier with my reading and my blog.

9. I don't have a ton of blog followers and I'm okay with that...on most days.

10. I don't tell people in my real life about my book blog.  I'm not actually ashamed of it, but I keep it as something just for me and don't want to make it public.

5 comments:

  1. *nods* I totally understand, especially 9 and 10. And I really should learn from 8 . . . Oh well. One step at a time, right? :)

    Enjoy,
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say, 'me too' for most of your confessions Jennifer :) I've always wanted to do discussion posts on my blog but I can't seem to make the time to really think about what I would want to talk about :)

    MY TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I don't tell people about my book blog either, it would be weird for me for everyone to know, I can't really explain it better than that! I also work to write reviews, writing does not come naturally to me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a blogger, "just" a reader. I love your blog and look forward to seeing in my email. You are fabulous! No need to change a thing! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Numbers 1, 3, 4, and 7 - Oh, gosh, yes. Me too. As for telling friends about my blog - I do, but not pushily, and most of them don't read it. A few of them read it sometimes. Even in my own family, only my daughter reads it with any regularity. As for number 8, I'm working toward that. I have a lot of review books I feel obligated to tackle first.

    It seems to me, though, that you've created a blog that suits you and what and how you want to blog. I admit I don't read every post, but I read a fair few and almost alway enjoy them, even when I don't comment. So I agree with Ellen Bailey - do it your way and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.