Thursday, July 10, 2014

THROWBACK THURSDAY-HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (34)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.

THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

Let Sleeping Rogues Lie (School for Heiresses, #4) 
Let Sleeping Rogues Lie by Sabrina Jeffries
Originally Published in February 2008

When Madeline Prescott took a teaching position at Mrs. Harris's School for Young Ladies, it was to help restore her father's reputation. Instead, she's in danger of ruining her own. The devilishly handsome Anthony Dalton, Viscount Norcourt, has agreed to provide "rake lessons" to Mrs. Harris's pupils so they can learn how to avoid unscrupulous gentlemen, and Madeline is to oversee his classes. She has always believed that attraction is a scientific matter, easily classified and controlled — until she's swept into the passionate desire that fiercely burns between her and Anthony. Nothing could be more illogical than risking everything for a dalliance with a rake — even one who's trying to behave himself. Yet nothing could be more tempting.

********
This is part of Jeffries's fabulous School for Heiresses series and is easily by favorite of hers.  I love the fact that the heroine is a science teacher and that she is not afraid to show how intelligent she really is.  The hero seems like a stereotypical rake at first, but the reader learns that there is always more underneath and that some people act a certain way for a reason.  I think historical lovers could easily jump into the series with this installment.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Jennifer!

    This was such a fun series from Sabrina Jeffries! I remember this particular book and thought Madeline and Anthony had great chemistry. ^_^ (My favourite was Only a Duke will Do.)

    Thank you for joining this week's TBT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the best recommendations from you, Jennifer. I recently bought What I Did for a Duke by Julie Anne Long. I've been hearing amazing things about that one. Have you read it? What did you think of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read that and gave it 4.5 stars. I loved the intelligence of the heroine (Genevieve) and thought Alex was a great hero. I will warn you that Alex takes some getting used to due to his much-deserved reputation, but I have a soft spot for lonely, stoic heroes so he won me over pretty easily. Hope you enjoy it and that you get to try Let Sleeping Rogues Lie someday.

      Delete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.