Saturday, July 19, 2014

STACKING THE SHELVES (42)

STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.

 
~BOUGHT~
The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy, #3)
The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness 
I love this trilogy featuring a historian witch and her vampire husband.

Neanderthal Marries Human (Knitting in the City, #1.5)
Neanderthal Marries Human by Penny Reid
I adore Penny Reid's writing and I'm excited to see more with Janie and Quinn.

You Don't Have to Say You Love Me
You Don't Have To Say You Love Me by Sarra Manning
I've been meaning to try this contemporary romance for a long time and finally found it on sale.

Destiny's Embrace (Destiny's, #1)
Destiny's Embrace by Beverly Jenkins
I have had my eye on Jenkins's historicals and was excited to see them go on sale.

~RECEIVED FOR REVIEW~
The Suffragette Scandal (Brothers Sinister, #4)
The Suffragette Scandal by Courtney Milan
I literally squealed when I saw that I got approved for this on Netgalley.  I am obsessed with Milan's historicals and am reading/love this right now.

~RECEIVED FROM GIVEAWAY~
I won the June giveaway for the Review Pile Reading Challenge from Rachel at Fiktshun so I got to pick two books from Amazon.

Burning Dawn (Angels of the Dark, #3)
Burning Dawn by Gena Showalter
One of my favorite paranormal writers and I'm excited to see the tortured angel Thane get a happy ending.

Champion (Legend, #3)
Champion by Marie Lu
I still haven't read the second in this dystopian trilogy, but I wanted to have the complete set so I could finish it in one swoop.

***********
WEEKLY RECAP

I READ...
Maybe This Time by A.M. Arthur
Caroline and the Duke by Sabina Darby
Temptation in Shadows by Gena Showalter
Fanning the Flames by Victoria Dahl
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling

I REVIEWED...

9 comments:

  1. Very nice haul indeed. I see some romance which is always a good thing.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul, I've been wanting to read Marie Lu's books but never got to them. Same with Beverly Jenkins' books.
    I hope you'll enjoy them!

    My new pretties :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of new goodies. I still need to make time to read some Courteny Milan. I know you really like her books. Happy reading, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to pick up A Discovery of Witches one day soon. I've heard great things about that series, but I haven't had the time to start a new series. Maybe one day. Happy reading!

    Thanks for visiting my haul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to pick up A Discovery of Witches, though I have heard a few mixed things. I traded one of my books for Legend this week, so now I can start that series! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the first book in the Legend series! I am gonna get round to it soon so I will be able to find out what you think of the final installment! :)

    I have A Discovery of Witches on my TBR I will hopefully get through the first two books so I can get to the finale! :)

    I hope you enjoy all of you books, my dear & have a good week! :)

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous that you have The Book of Life! Loved the other two books! Great haul, enjoy :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see what you think of the Book of Life! It looks amazing
    Here's my STS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a nice haul you have this week, Jennifer! I am looking forward to some of those, especially Burning Dawn and Champion.

    Thanks for stopping by this weekend :) Happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.