Sunday, July 6, 2014

MONTHLY RECAP: June 2014

Here's a quick recap of the month of JUNE on Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews:

REAL LIFE UPDATE
  • I just got back from a week-long vacation to the beach and it was wonderful!  Exactly what I needed...plus I read a ton of great books.
  • I am officially obsessed with the show Orphan Black.  I started it in the middle of the month and am almost caught up.  For interested parties, it is a science fiction thriller about clones which is normally not my cup of tea, but the writing and acting is so amazing.  I highly recommend it especially for people who want a kick-ass heroine like Buffy.
  • Work has been really slow this month which makes for boring times on the reference desk, but I'm hoping things will pick up soon.
  • My second job is on hiatus for the summer so I am reveling in the fact that I can be home most evenings.  I'm hoping to catch up on my TV watching (Big Brother and So You Think You Can Dance, anyone?), reading, and blogging.

BOOKS I READ...
1. Portrait in Death by JD Robb (4.5 Stars) -- romantic suspense
2. The Bad Boy Billionaire: What a Girl Wants by Maya Rodale (3 Stars) -- contemporary romance
3. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meghan Spooner (4 Stars) -- YA science fiction
4. Sharp Love by Ava March (4 Stars) -- m/m historical romance
5. Shield of Winter by Nalini Singh (4.5 Stars) -- paranormal romance
6. Imitation in Death by JD Robb (4.5 Stars) -- romantic suspense
7. Vixen in Velvet by Loretta Chase (3.5 Stars) -- historical romance
8. Wallflower Gone Wild by Maya Rodale (4 Stars) - historical romance
9. Azagoth by Larissa Ione (4 Stars) -- paranormal romance
10. The First Star To Fall by Diana Peterfreund (3 Stars) -- YA science fiction
11. Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill (4 Stars) -- YA contemporary
12. Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan (3.5 Stars) -- NA contemporaryy
13. Highlander Most Wanted by Maya Banks (4 Stars) -- historical romance

FAVORITE BOOK OF THE MONTH...
Shield of Winter (Psy-Changeling, #13)

REVIEWS I PUBLISHED...
The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
Purity in Death by JD Robb
Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
Portrait in Death by JD Robb
The Bad Boy Billionaire: What a Girl Wants by Maya Rodale
These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meghan Spooner
Vixen in Velvet by Loretta Chase
Shield of Winter by Nalini Singh

MEMES I PARTICIPATED IN...

Top Ten Tuesday
    Throwback Thursday-Historical Romance Edition
      Stacking the Shelves

      3 comments:

      1. Looks like you had a great June! You read a ton of books and got to hang out at the beach to boot. Nice! Here's to a great July!

        Terri @ Alexia's Books and Such...

        ReplyDelete
      2. Wow, great job reading so many books! Glad you had a relaxing vacation :)

        ReplyDelete
      3. Sounds like you had a great month, reading and life wise. I haven't heard of many of the books you read this month, sadly. The only book I have heard of is These Broken Stars, but I will check out the other books soon.
        Happy July Reading

        ReplyDelete

      Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.