Tuesday, June 17, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Summer TBR List


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

~Ten Books On My Summer TBR List~

ALREADY ON MY TBR SHELF...


Murder of Crows (The Others, #2)  
1. Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop
I loved the first book in the Others series and am excited to see what Bishop has in store for Meg, Simon, and the rest of the Lakeside Courtyard.

Iced (Dani O'Malley, #1; Fever, #6)
2. Iced by Karen Marie Moning
KMM's Fever series is one of the ones that got me obsessed with urban fantasy and I really need to read this spin-off sequel soon.

World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
3. World After by Susan Ee
The first book in the Penryn and the End of Days series ended on quite a cliffhanger so I'm anxious to re-immerse myself back into this violent, but seductive post-apocalyptic world.

Killer Frost (Mythos Academy, #6)
4. Killer Frost by Jennifer Estep
I have been putting this book off because it is the conclusion of the wonderful Mythos Academy.

If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)
5. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
I've had this on my shelf for awhile and was waiting for the right mood.  Now, I'm going to try to read it this summer in preparation for the movie release...I saw the trailer last week and already started bawling!

BOOKS I PLAN ON PURCHASING...

Better Homes and Hauntings
6. Better Homes and Hauntings by Molly Harper
Harper is one of my favorite authors and I will be purchasing the audio version of this to listen to right away.

Landline
7. Landline by Rainbow Rowell
I fell in love with Rowell's writing in Fangirl and am interested to see how she approaches this new topic.

The Suffragette Scandal (Brothers Sinister, #4)
8. The Suffragette Scandal by Courtney Milan
Another entry from a favorite author!  I love how Milan focuses on unique aspects of history and has such strong heroines.

Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5)
9. Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead
With the way that The Fiery Heart ended, I am obsessively waiting for the release of this book.  What is going to happen to Sydney?

Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)
10. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins  
Feels like I've been waiting for this book forever! 

8 comments:

  1. Okay, I keep seeing this Happily Ever After on lists -- I definitely need to check this out. I also have Landline on my list. Great list. Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, World After is on my list too. It's been so long I might have to reread the first one before delving back in. Happy reading.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! The Vampire Academy series is one of my favorites. I've yet to start Sydney's story, but am looking forward to it. I hope to hear your thoughts on Landline. I'm a fangirl for Fangirl, and really appreciated her "adult" writing style, as well. Here is our TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I've been waiting for Isla forever, too. So much so, that I forgot to include it on my TTT! Haha.

    I just finished Landline last night and I definitely liked it. It's very much a Rainbow Rowell book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome list. Waiting so much for Lola!!! Hurry up August.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh excellent list! I have a few on my tbr pile. I might have to start Harper's next. I just love hers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great picks! I think my most anticipated from this list is Courtney Milan and then a close second and third would be Isla and the Happily Ever After (read the first few chapters from NetGalley and I'm really excited for this one) and Landline. Got to have Rainbow Rowell.

    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am excited to read from Courtney Milan and I just love Molly harper. Hope you get to read all of these this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.