Thursday, June 5, 2014

THROWBACK THURSDAY-HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (30)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.

THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

Yours Until Dawn

Yours Until Dawn by Teresa Medeiros
Originally Published in 2004

Gabriel Fairchild's valor during battle earns him the reputation of hero, but costs him both his sight and his hope for the future. Abandoned by the fiancée he adored, the man who once walked like a prince among London's elite secludes himself in his family's mansion, cursing his way through dark days and darker nights.

Prim nurse Samantha Wickersham arrives at Fairchild Park to find her new charge behaving more like a beast than a man. Determined to do her duty, she engages the arrogant earl in a battle of both wit and wills. Although he claims she doesn't possess an ounce of womanly softness, she can feel his heart racing at her slightest touch. As Samantha begins to let the light back into Gabriel's life and his heart, they both discover that some secrets -- and some pleasures -- are best explored in the dark ...


************
An intriguing twist on the classic Beauty and the Beast story with an injured war hero and his determined nurse.  Samantha is one of my favorite heroines with her smart mouth and secretive past while Gabriel is a sympathetic hero that broke my heart throughout the book.  This book is a great example of romantic chemistry and sexual tension...the pages seem to crackle with the energy that Samantha and Gabriel let out.

8 comments:

  1. I've never read anything by this author, but I have heard of her. What time period is this book set?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodreads says it takes place in 1806. She is one of those authors that I have a mixed relationship with. I adore this book and some of her other historical romances, but then there are some that I never finished. I hope you give this one a try sometime. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. This story is so sweet and precious and I LOVED it!!! by far one of my favorite beauty and beast themed stories. Makes me want to go grab and read this one now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the danger for me with TBT is that I want to re-read ALL THE BOOKS right now. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. Okay so pretty much everything about that one makes me want it. lol I've not read her though I do follow her on FB :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know she is very active on social media. She wrote a contemporary that (I think) was told almost entirely through Tweets. If you can find this book, I really recommend it. I re-read it all the time.

      Delete
  4. Yup, I have not read Teresa's books yet but love reading her statuses. I think I have one of her books on my TRB pile but I never got to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read a few of hers, and I agree; they're hit or miss for me, too. This one sounds good, so perhaps I'll check it out if it ever comes my way!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.