Thursday, June 19, 2014

THROWBACK THURSDAY-HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (32)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.

THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

A Summer to Remember (Bedwyn Prequels, #2)
A Summer to Remember by Mary Balogh
Originally Published in 2002

Kit Butler is cool, dangerous, one of London's most infamous bachelors--marriage is the last thing on his mind. But Kit's family has other plans. Desperate to thwart his father's matchmaking, Kit needs a bride...fast. Enter Miss Lauren Edgeworth.

A year after being abandoned at the altar, Lauren has determined that marriage is not for her. When these two fiercely independent souls meet, sparks fly--and a deal is hatched. Lauren will masquerade as Kit's intended if he agrees to provide a passionate, adventurous, unforgettable summer. When summer ends, she will break off the engagement, rendering herself unmarriageable and leaving them both free. Everything is going perfectly--until Kit does the unthinkable: He begins to fall in love. A summer to remember is not enough for him. But how can he convince Lauren to be his...for better, for worse, for the rest of their lives?


**********
This was the first Mary Balogh book I ever read and it was the one that started my obsession with her writing.  A Summer to Remember is a charming summer romance between two people who decide to fake a betrothal to get the hero's family off his back and to get society to stop talking about the fact that the heroine was once abandoned at the altar.  Of course, things are never as easy as the main characters think they will be and love gets in the way.  I loved both Kit and Lauren and how they grew over the course of the summer.  This is also the book that introduced readers to the infamous Bedwyn family.
"I am free, you see," she said, "To love or to withhold love.  Love and dependence need no longer be the same thing to me.  I am free to love. that is why I love you and it is the way I love you."

5 comments:

  1. Ooo I totally forgot about hers! I read one in an anthology this past year and LOVED it. I so meant to go back for the reset in the series and got sidetracked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy this author. I have read another book from her slightly series, so I would like to return back to her books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I need to add her backlists!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love fake betrothals! Haven't read this book, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the book that started the Bedwyn series ... and to the Butler brothers. ^_^

    Mary Balogh is just a wonderful writer and her voice is just so unique! I love her books!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.