Saturday, June 21, 2014

STACKING THE SHELVES (40)

STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.

 
~BOUGHT~
Silent in the Grave (Lady Julia, #1)
Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn (historical mystery)
I've heard great things about this Renaissance-era mystery series and, since it went on sale at Amazon, I had to pick it up.

Dorinda and the Doctor
Dorinda and the Doctor by Sabrina Jeffries (historical romance)
One of my favorite HR authors!

Azagoth (1001 Dark Nights, #6; Lords of Deliverance, #5.5;  Demonica, #10.5)
Azagoth by Larissa Ione (paranormal romance)
I adore the Demonica/Lords of Deliverance series and Azagoth sounds like a fabulous hero.

~BORROWED FROM THE LIBRARY~
The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #12)
The King by JR Ward (paranormal romance)
I have been having mixed feelings about the Black Dagger Brotherhood series the past few books, but this one just sounds so intriguing.

~RECEIVED FOR REVIEW~
With This Ring (Worthington, #3)
With This Ring by Celeste Bradley (historical romance)
Large, eccentric historical-era families are a weakness of mine so I had to request the latest in the Worthington family series.

***********
WEEKLY RECAP

I READ...
Shield of Winter by Nalini Singh
Imitation in Death by JD Robb

I REVIEWED...

10 comments:

  1. Every once in a while I need some Historical Romance in the mix. You got a little bit of everything in this haul.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul! I just got Shield of Winter and am excited to read it. Happy reading :)

    My StS .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope I get to read the J.R. Ward series this year. I'm dying to try it. Great haul this week!
    MY STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read anything by Sabrina Jeffries, but she's long been on my TBR list. Where should I start? What are her books like?

    enjoy your goodies and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabrina Jeffries is similar to Tessa Dare and Julia Quinn with a sense of humor mixed with steamy romance. I love both her School for Heiresses series (first book is Never Seduce a Scoundrel) and Hellions of Halstead Hall series (first book is The Truth About Lord Stoneville). I also enjoyed the first book in her new Duke's Men series (What the Duke Desires). I think you would enjoy her. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Nice haul! I haven't seen any of these before - probably because I'm a YA Blogger! I hope you enjoy them all. :D

    Under The Mountain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul this week. I haven't seen most of these before, but I read a lot more YA than anything else. I hope you have a great reading week and enjoy all of your new additions :) Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not heard of any of these books but I have certainly heard of JR Ward. I keep hearing amazing things about her works so i will have to pick them up soon! :)

    Thanks for sharing & I hope you enjoy all of your books! :D

    My Showcase Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good books you have here!! I am excited to read Bradley's book too. Looking forward to seeing how you like Dorinda and the Doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not heard of any of these books yet, but I hope that you enjoy reading them! :)
    Stacking the Shelves
    Free to Fall

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.