Tuesday, May 6, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Book Covers I'd Frame As Art


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

~Ten Book Covers I'd Frame As Art~

Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)
1. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
I love everything about this cover from the ocean view in the background to the ethereal cover model.

Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (Highland Pleasures, #2)
2. Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage by Jennifer Ashley
One of my favorite "pretty dress covers" in historical romance.  The unusual pose is also intriguing to me.

Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)
3. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
I'm not sure where I'd put something dark like this, but I just think it looks so cool.

Cruel Beauty
4. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
Graphic and beautiful at the same time.  I love flowers and I think this would be a cool way to showcase that.

Splintered (Splintered, #1)
5. Splintered by A.G. Howard
Another gorgeous (though creepy) cover.  I'm not sure if I would like having that eye looking at me all the time, but I could get used to it.

For Darkness Shows the Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1)
6. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
I love the mix of space and fashion in this cover.  I'm also a fan of Peterfreund's other sci-fi cover, Across the Star-Swept Sea.

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)
7. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
This cover always intrigues me with the "hidden" romantic elements and the gorgeous color scheme.

The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
8. Luxe by Anna Godbersen
As you can tell, I'm a fan of clothes on covers and this is one hell of a dress!

Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles, #2)
9. Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter
Such a cool concept that was executed well...I haven't read this series, but these covers make me want to try them soon.

Antigoddess (Goddess War, #1)
10. Antigoddess by Kendare Blake
Such a subtle idea, but it tells so much with the feather and the blood drop.

9 comments:

  1. Splintered is on my list too :) I would have included Through the Zombie Glass as well, but I already had two zombie themed books on my list, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Luxe cover is so beautiful! I read the series a few years ago and loved it, your post has reminded me that it's time for a re-read :)
    Hope you're having a great week :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover of Anna Dress in Blood too! I wouldn't want to hang it on my walls, but I just adore that cover. I also love the cover of Starcrossed. I didn't care for the book, but the cover is gorgeous. I love those colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge fan of Starcrossed (US & UK cover!) and Anna Dressed in Blood. Across the Universe is stunning too. That is definitely a series I need to get in to! :) I am not a fan of the cover change on the last book though!
    Thanks for sharing! :)


    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh some nice choices. I like how varied they are :) Luxe is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful covers! I had a couple on my list too :)
    http://crushingcinders.com/?p=723

    ReplyDelete
  7. I easily could have made a top 20 or 30 list lol. Completely forgot about For Darkness Shows the Stars and Cruel Beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choices! Nice touch adding Cruel Beauty. It really captures the eye :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks Jennifer :) Cruel Beauty is on my list too. And I chose Unhinged instead of Splintered :)

    My TTT picks :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.