Thursday, May 8, 2014

THROWBACK THURSDAY-HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (26)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.


THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

London's Perfect Scoundrel (Lessons in Love, #2) 
 London's Perfect Scoundrel by Suzanne Enoch
Originally Published 2003

The ton gossips call him "Saint" -- but the Marquis of St. Aubyn has well earned his reputation as London's perfect scoundrel.

Evelyn Ruddick knows she should avoid him at all costs--but the strikingly beautiful lady wants to aid the children of the Heart of Hope Orphanage, and he heads the board of trustees. Evie is determined to teach the charming, arrogant man a lesson in compassion, but it won't be so easy--especially since his touch is setting her desire aflame, making Evie yearn to submit to his passionate instruction...

The idea of joining in her "project" is unthinkable, but this enchantress refuses to give up! So what else is there for a self-respecting rake to do but seduce the lady? Yet soon it is he who is being seduced by Evie's tender heart and fiery blushes. Could the temptation of long, passionate nights in her arms bring about the impossible? Could the disreputable Saint at long last be reformed?


****************
I love a good reformed rake romance and London's Perfect Scoundrel is one of the best.  One reason that it always has stood out to me is the fact that the hero (Saint) is not a misunderstood man, but someone who is completely selfish and arrogant until he meets Evelyn.  The evolution of Saint's character is just as fascinating to read about as is the development of the romance.  Highly recommended for people who enjoyed Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas.

7 comments:

  1. I so need to give her a try. Saint sounds like an interesting one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a lot her stuff when I first discovered historical romance and enjoyed most of them. This one and its sequel (England's Perfect Hero) are my favorites of hers, by far. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Hey! I have this on my TBR list!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! I can't wait for you to read it and see what you think.

      Delete
  3. Okay, so how can I not read this with a comparison to Devil in Winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured that would grab a lot of people! I think you would really enjoy it. Not as good as DiW, but pretty close.

      Delete
  4. When you mentioned Devil in Winter, I was sold! I also like reformed rakes. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.