Thursday, May 1, 2014

THROWBACK THURSDAY: HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (25)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.


THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...]

Where Dreams Begin

Where Dreams Begin by Lisa Kleypas
Originally Published in 2000

Zachary Bronson has built an empire of wealth and power, but all London knows he is not a gentleman. He needs a wife to secure his position in society—and warm his bed in private. But one alluring, unexpected kiss from Lady Holly Taylor awakens a powerful need within him beyond respectability.

An exceptional beauty whose fierce passions match Zachary's own, Holly always intended to play by society's rules, even when they clashed with her bolder instincts. But now a dashing stranger has made her a scandalous offer that does not include matrimony. Should she ignore the sensuous promise of a forbidden kiss...or risk everything to follow her heart to a place where dreams begin?

**************
For me, this book is the definition of buried treasure.  It is a stand-alone romance that is very reminiscent of Pygmalion and My Fair Lady.  I haven't read this book in a few years, but I remember falling in love with both Zachary and Holly.  They are two people who couldn't be more opposite in their backgrounds, but they find a connection that has stayed with me even today.


3 comments:

  1. I know I've read this one, but I can't for the life of me remember the plotline. It's been years since I read it, though. I LOVE Lisa Kleypas's historical romances. Why doesn't she write them anymore!??!!??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree. This isn't a well-known book by Lisa Kleypas -- but it's one of her loveliest stories IMHO.

    Like Quinn, I'm also waiting, and waiting, for Lisa Kleypas to write another historical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! I was just looking at Lisa's backlists! I so want to read Then Came You!!!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.