Tuesday, April 22, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Book-Loving Characters


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

~Top Ten Book-Loving Characters~

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
1. Hermione Granger -- Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
The inspiration behind the entire list.  Love her obsession with books of all types and how she uses that knowledge to help her friends.

Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)
2. Pauline Simms -- Any Duchess Will Do by Tessa Dare
A barmaid whose ultimate dream is to own a bookstore and a deal with a wealthy duke puts her that much closer to her goal.

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1)
3. Jane Jameson -- Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper
A children's librarian who is turned into a vampire the day she is unfairly fired.  Jane is quirky and just fun to read about especially with her love for the novels of Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters.

Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4)
4. Daisy Bowman -- Scandal in Spring by Lisa Kleypas
An American heiress who (along with her sister) is trying to attract a titled British husband even though she would rather read romances and day dream.

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
5. Cress -- Cress by Marissa Meyer
A young woman who has been stuck on a satellite for seven years with only her netscreen and books for company.

Obsidian (Lux, #1)
6. Katy Swartz -- Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
A teenager who not only is a bookworm, but is a book blogger!  I love this element of her character even more than her relationship with sexy alien, Daemon Black.

The Fault in Our Stars
7. Augustus Waters -- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
*sob* One of the few male characters I could think of that enjoyed reading.  His favorite book series is a major plot point and just made me fall more in love with him than before.

The Dangerous Viscount (The Burgundy Club, #2)
8. Sebastian Iverly -- The Dangerous Viscount by Miranda Neville
A romance hero who is obsessed with books!  I loved the way that this book took the classic wallflower theme and gave it a gender twist.

Matilda
9. Matilda -- Matilda by Roald Dahl
Another of my childhood idols!  I love the way that Matilda muses about why she is attracted to books.

The Book Thief
10. Liesel Meminger -- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I couldn't have a list of book-loving characters and not mention the admirable Liesel who was obsessed with them even before she learned how to read.

4 comments:

  1. I listed Hermione Granger and Katy Swartz as well (I made a list of people I'd like to know in real life)! I love both of their characters so much. :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooo I love this topic so much, Jennifer! I love a great book-loving protagonist. Matilda is my FAVORITE! And of course I love Katy because she freaking has a book blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love Matilda, I thinks she really spurred my love of books!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always take a sob for Augustus Waters!

    I am glad it was a fill in the blank this week. I am a huge fan of all of the different lists this week! :)

    My favourite on of these has to be Hermione. All she did was have a nose in a book and she was still interesting! :)

    Great list! :)

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.