Saturday, April 26, 2014

STACKING THE SHELVES (34)

STSmall_thumb[2][2]
A great feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers get to feature the new books they received over the past week.

 
~BOUGHT~
North of Need (Hearts of the Anemoi, #1)
North of Need  (Hearts of Anemoi #1) by Laura Kaye (paranormal romance)
I love the idea of a snow god and have been intrigued by this book for awhile.

Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1)
Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul #1) by C.L. Wilson (fantasy)
I have had a copy of this for awhile, but never got into in paper so I decided to try it in audio.

Interlude in Death (In Death, #12.5)
Interlude in Death (In Death #12.5) by JD Robb (romantic suspense)
Continuing my slow (but enjoyable) jaunt through the In Death series...12 down, 26 to go.

~BORROWED FROM LIBRARY~
Dangerous Seduction (Nemesis, Unlimited, #2)
Dangerous Seduction (Nemesis Unlimited #2) by Zoe Archer (historical romance)
I loved the first Nemesis book and am ready to see what kind of adventures Zoe Archer comes up with next.

Splintered (Splintered, #1)
Splintered (Splintered #1) by A.G. Howard (YA fantasy)
I've read mixed reviews about this series, but I finally got it from the library so I can make up my own mind.

What I Thought Was True
What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick (YA contemporary)
Fitzpatrick's debut (My Life Next Door) is a favorite so I'm definitely excited to read more of her work.

~RECEIVED FROM PAPERBACK SWAP~
Daughter of the Blood (The Black Jewels, #1)
Daughter of the Blood (Black Jewels #1) by Anne Bishop (fantasy)
I love Bishop's Others series and wanted to try some of her other work.

~RECEIVED FOR REVIEW~
The Unexpected Duchess (Playful Brides, #1)
The Unexpected Duchess (Playful Brides #1) by Valerie Bowman (historical romance)
This will be my first Bowman historical and I am excited to try it!  Received from Netgalley.

***********
WEEKLY RECAP

I READ... 
Poster Boy by Anne Tenino
Betrayal in Death by JD Robb
My Dearest Enemy by Connie Brockway

I REVIEWED...

8 comments:

  1. Yay for new books! I've been looking for something new to read in the romance genre. You said you liked Maya Rhodale, right? Those wallflower books? I will have to try those. Any other recommendations? I love books with a lot of humor, like Julia Quinn and Tessa Dare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do really like Maya Rodale...the Wallflowers series is good, but I also enjoy her Writing Girls books. Some other authors you may like are Celeste Bradley, Eloisa James (who I've mentioned), and Courtney Milan. Milan isn't super light, but I think you might enjoy her unique writing style. She has a novella (The Governess Affair) that might give you an idea of what she writes about. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Got to love the historical romances at times. I really enjoy Maya Rodales books a lot. Great haul and have a lovely weekend.

    Grace
    books of love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some good reads, I hope you enjoy them all!

    Stormi
    http://www.booksmoviesreviewsohmy.com/stacking-the-shelves-24-2/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice assortment of books. I love the broad range you choose. I am a big fan of the JD Robb books and can't wait for the next one. I am in the process of buying them for my Kindle and re-reading them as I do. Come see what I got this week at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 12 down, 26 to go; what?!? And I thought I had the hard life of catching up on the Stephanie Plum series. The cover of Splintered is so beautiful, but it's description never pulled me in. I hope you like it. As for Anne Bishop, I've been meaning to try one of her books one day. Happy reading!

    Thanks for visiting my haul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I Thought Was True is a book that I keep seeing everywhere! :) I need to read one of her books since she gets so many rave reviews! I hope you enjoy this one! :)

    I also like the look of Splintered! IT looks like such an eerie retelling of Alice in Wonderland! :) xx

    Thanks for sharing!


    My Showcase Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splintered and what I thought was true look awesome!!

    My Weekly Wrap Up Post

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.