Tuesday, March 25, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY: My Bookish Bucket List


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

~Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List~


1. Attend a book convention like ALA, BEA, or RT.
I attended NY Comic-Con two years ago and had a blast with all the book-related fun.  That inspired me to dream about going to a book-centric convention, particularly RT and BEA.

2. Meet JK Rowling.
I would be happy to meet any author that I read, but I decided to go with my ultimate dream meet.

3. Visit Harry Potter World.
Something that is attainable and I will probably be able to cross off in the next few years.

4. Read 300+ books in a year.
This is a dream that probably won't be realized until I win the lottery and don't have to work, but it is there!

5. Get a literature-inspired tattoo.
I have had the design in my head since I was in high school and just need to get up the nerve to do it.  It is the HP lightning bolt on the inside of my left wrist with the words "All Was Well" written below.

6. Publish a book review in a professional publication/review website.
I absolutely adore writing reviews and would love to get one published on something besides my personal blog.

7. Visit England.
This could translate to "visit Europe", but I decided to go specific with the main country I want to see.  Some of the sights I want to visit are King's Cross Station, Stratford upon Avon, and the Tower of London.

8. Read all of Shakespeare's plays.
 I love Shakespeare and have a beautiful hardback collection of all his plays.  So one of my goals is to read the entire collection even the histories.

9. Create a Little Free Library in my neighborhood.
I love the concept of these and have always wanted to see one in real life.

10. Publish a children/YA book.
I haven't been writing as much since I started my current job, but publishing a YA or children's book has always been a dream of mine.

8 comments:

  1. To read 300+ books in a year, I'd have to only read books all the time. Wow, that's an amazing thought. Love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list! You should totally do #8 and #9. And best of luck with #10! I'd love to read 300 books a year, too, and I want to get back to England -- still so many literary places to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm participating in TTT this week but I love your list! Good luck on achieving those goals of yours. PS, Europe is waiting for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I love your tattoo idea! Someday I plan on going to HP World myself. I've met a few authors but meeting JK Rowling would be the most amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meet JK Rowling is also (kinda) on my list! And you should definitely go with the tattoo! They're not as scary as they seem ;) I have a Harriet the Spy one, and a large stack of books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These goals are awesome. I went to ALA in Philly in Jan and it was amazing. Sooooo worth going to! Also, good luck with the 300 books in a year thing. That's a huge and amazing goal, but you know what? I know you can do it if you put your mind to it!

    I love how this is a Top 10 Tuesday! You may also want to link up to the original Bookish Bucket List, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. England is beautiful :) You should visit! and while you are there come to Scotland to visit me!! :) Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going to England would be spectacular. So many bookish sites.
    Thanks for stopping by, and sorry for the delay.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.