Thursday, March 6, 2014

THROWBACK THURSDAY-HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (16)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.


THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

Minx (Splendid Trilogy, #3) Minx (Splendid Trilogy, #3)
Minx by Julia Quinn
Originally published July 2004

It takes a minx to tempt a rogue...Beautiful and feisty Henrietta Barrett has never followed the dictates of society. She manages her elderly guardian′s estate, prefers to wear breeches rather than dresses, and answers to the unlikely name of Henry. But when her guardian passes away, her beloved home falls into the hands of a distant cousin.

And it takes a rogue to tame her...William Dunford, London′s most elusive bachelor, is stunned to learn that he′s inherited property, a title...and a ward bent on making his first visit his last. Henry is determined to continue running the Cornwall estate without help from the handsome new lord, but Dunford is just as sure he can change things...starting with his wild young ward. But turning Henry into a lady makes her not only the darling of the town, but an irresistible attraction to the man who thought he could never be tempted. 


**********************
This is one of the first JQ books that I read and I like to re-read it when I'm in a reading slump.  I love heroines who are unique and Henry definitely fits the bill.  I also really liked Dunford and how sweet he was to Henry.  There is a a Big Misunderstanding that wasn't my favorite plot point, but it didn't effect my overall enjoyment.

6 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure this was not only the first JQ book I read, but the first historical romance as well. And I've never looked back lol Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read this a long time ago and I don't remember much of the scenes anymore (horrors! ^__^) but I do remember liking every book of Julia Quinn's that I've read, this one included. Thanks for sharing Jennifer :)

    Camille @ Girl meets Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love this book, and its definitely been one I have read more than once. Who can resist any book from Quinn, she definitely has a way with her stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia Quinn!!!! OMG~
    I love her books!!! Eeeekkk~!!!
    Minx is on my shelf! I should get to it, I really should. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This isn't my favorite JQ book. I didn't hate it (like The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever) but I didn't love it either. Maybe my expectations were too high because I love Dunford. I've never actually re-read it. Maybe I should. My feelings could have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Julia Quinn's older titles! I thought she was more angst-y pre-Bridgerton. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.