Thursday, March 13, 2014

THROWBACK THURSDAY-HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (18)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.


THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

Mr. Impossible (Carsington Brothers, #2) 
Mr. Impossible (Carsington Brothers #2) by Loretta Chase
Originally Published in March 2005

Impossible...Rupert Carsington, fourth son of the Earl of Hargate, is his aristocratic family's favorite disaster. He is irresistibly handsome, shockingly masculine, and irretrievably reckless, and wherever he goes, trouble follows. Still, Rupert's never met an entanglement--emotional or other--he couldn't escape. Until now.

Outrageous...Now he's in Egypt, stranded in the depths of Cairo's most infamous prison, and his only way out is accepting a beautiful widow's dangerous proposal. Scholar Daphne Pembroke wants him to rescue her brother, who's been kidnapped by a rival seeking a fabled treasure. Their partnership is strictly business: She'll provide the brains, he, the brawn. Simple enough in theory.

Inevitable...Blame it on the sun or the blazing desert heat, but as tensions flare and inhibitions melt, the most disciplined of women and the most reckless of men are about to clash in the most impossibly irresistible way.


*********************
 Such a unique historical that shows how good the genre can be!  Rupert is a fascinating hero whose impulsiveness just made him that much more adorable to me.  Daphne is my favorite type of historical heroine (a bluestocking!) whose independence and intelligence are just perfect for a guy like Rupert.  I also loved the Victorian-era Egyptian setting and how Loretta Chase used her characters to explore this mysterious land.  Definitely an adventure story that I could re-read over and and over again!

11 comments:

  1. I started this book ages ago but never gotten around to finishing it. T__T I think I picked it up right after I read Lord of Scoundrels and I don't know what happened. Must finish it soon. Thanks for sharing Jennifer :)

    Camille @ Girl meets Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might have read this one when it was first published but that was so long ago I can't remember. I think I might just have to get it though :)
    Here's my Throwback Thursday Post
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it for the first time shortly after discovering historical romance when I was on a major reading binge. I got a copy a few years ago and re-read it and was amazed at how good it still was. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Mr. Impossible looks like so much fun! Is it a fun book? Are there funny bits? I've never read anything by Loretta Chase, but I am soo thinking I need to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of fun! Rupert is such an interesting hero and Daphne is smart and sassy (without being annoying). Loretta Chase is one of those authors that I either love or hate her books. She is very different and I always recommend people try her. My favorites are this one and Lord of Scoundrels. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  4. Oh I so do love this author. I haven't read too many of her older books but I have enjoyed the books I have read from her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Besides Lord of Scoundrels, I think this is my favorite LC book which is impressive to me because of how much I love her. What are your favorites of hers?

      Delete
  5. This meme is going to make a serious dent in my bank account,I just want them all!! This sounds soooo good, I love historical romances that feature Egypt- especially around the Victorian era since they were so nutty about it. I can't wait to read this now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you, Cerian! This has become the meme that causes me to add more books to my wishlist every week. I am a huge HR fan and thought I at least heard of most good authors/books. So I was pleasantly surprised by how many I've missed over the years. Have you read Connie Brockway's As You Desire and The Other Guy's Bride? They take place in Victorian-era Egypt as well.

      Delete
  6. I only just discovered Chase, so I need to make my way into her backlist. ^_^

    This and Lord of Scoundrels are top of my list of Chase must reads. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I heard this book was great!! I do need to get into her backlist too.!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.