Thursday, March 20, 2014

THROWBACK THURSDAY-HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (19)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.


THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

Untouched
Untouched
by Anna Campbell

Originally Published: November 2007


"I am many things," Lord Sheene said. "Kind is not one of them."

Beautiful Grace Paget has no reason not to believe these words. After all, she was kidnapped, spirited away to a remote country manor, and told she is to grant this man his every desire . . . or lose her life. But Grace is no common trollop. So she risks everything to save her virtue by planning a daring escape, even though she finds herself tempted by this handsome man. There is something in his eyes that makes her wonder if he is as dangerous as he would have her believe.

Sheene knew nothing of the plan to bring him this woman. Locked up as a prisoner, called "mad" by all of the world, he will do anything to reclaim his life, and Grace's sensuous beauty has distracted him from his goals. And although he finds her irresistible, he is horrified to hold her against her will. Now, together, they must both revolt against the strange set of circumstances that have forced them together—for only then will Grace truly surrender to him . . . forever.


***************
This is definitely one of the most unique historical romances I've read.  The heroine is kidnapped and taken to be the 'plaything' (for lack of a better term) for a young lord imprisoned for madness.  Grace and Matthew both have had some major setbacks in life and it was great to see them bond together to figure out an escape route.  Plus virgin hero alert!!

5 comments:

  1. Hey!!!! I chose the same book!!! Sadly I haven't read this one but !!!! Thanks for the awesome spoiler!!! Gosh it's so hard to find virgin heroes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Anna Campbell!!! I haven't read this book though unfortunately, but it has been on my TBR for years. thanks for sharing your picks, a good reminder of the older books I have been aching to get my hands on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at virgin hero lol! Totally going to have to get my hands on this one.
    Thanks for stoppin' by my TTHRE post :)
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree on unusual -- and, I think this is what makes Campbell so special. Her romances always have a special twist to them. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, you had me at virgin hero alert! LOL :) My first impression when I read that book blurb was that I had a feeling it will be a unique historical romance story. I haven't read this author yet, I think. Thanks for sharing Jen! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.