Sunday, March 16, 2014

NEWS AND LINKS: March 16th

I have seen similar posts on other blogs and thought I would give it a try on my own.  I find the Internet to be a fascinating thing (for the most part) and love to share fun or thought-provoking links with others.  I also thought I would take this time to talk about things that I have discovered in the worlds of books, television, movies, and music.

1. Somehow I am just now discovering Screen Junkies's Honest Movie Trailers.  I became obsessed this week and watched probably twenty of them.  Some of my favorites are the ones for Frozen, Hunger Games, and The Avengers Check them out!

2. The e-book library, Scribd, just put out a list of the most widely read books per state based on their users.  I was shocked by the number of romance novels I saw on this list like Lisa Kleypas's Midnight Angel (Alabama) and Julia Quinn's Everything and the Moon (Maine).  I also have to give a shout-out to Missouri for Meg Cabot's Princess Diaries and Colorado for White Witch, Black Curse

29 Movies Featuring Six Packs You Just Want To Lick
3. Sometimes you just need a list of gorgeous men showing off their six-packs in movies.  Thankfully, Buzzfeed is here to fulfill that need (link).  I especially like #13.

Outlander (Outlander, #1)
4. The Outlander TV shows is one of the things I am most anticipating this year.  There still isn't a set premiere date for the show, but I did see that the book is only $2.99 right now at Amazon.  At more than 800 pages in print, I can tell you this is a fabulous deal.  I am still very much behind on the overall series though I have read this one multiple times.

5. In non-book/non-blog news, I am an obsessive college basketball fan and this is my favorite time of the year (March Madness!).  I love filling out brackets and watching all the upsets.  Plus my alma mater, University of Louisville Cardinals, has a good shot of repeating as national champions!  Do you follow college basketball?  Who are you rooting for?

dabwaha banner
6. Also, in similar fashion, it is DABWAHA time!  Go check out Dear Author and nominate your favorites for the tournament right now!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK, EVERYONE!

3 comments:

  1. I like Honest Trailers, but I LOVE Cinema Sins. They do these fun Everything Wrong with videos and they are so much fun. Have you watched them before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen those, but I'll have to check them out. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I know. I cannot believe that Outlander is so cheap right now. Maybe they are trying to hype up the show? Who knows. As for NCAA... I was born and raised in Syracuse. So that's who I'll be rooting for ;)
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.