Wednesday, February 5, 2014

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (75): February 2014


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're anxiously awaiting.  I am only going to be participating on a monthly basis where I will showcase the books that I am most intrigued by for the month.

FEBRUARY 2014 RELEASES I'M WAITING FOR...

Killer Frost (Mythos Academy, #6)
Killer Frost 
(Mythos Academy #6)
by Jennifer Estep

Young Adult -- Paranormal/Fantasy
Expected Publication: February 25th 

I’ve battled the Reapers of Chaos before–and survived. But this time I have a Bad, Bad Feeling it’s going to be a fight to the death … most likely mine.

Yeah, I’ve got my psychometry magic, my talking sword, Vic–and even the most dangerous Spartan on campus at my side, in Logan freaking Quinn, but I’m no match for Loki, the evil Norse god of chaos. I may be Nike’s Champion, but at heart, I’m still just Gwen Frost, that weird Gypsy girl everyone at school loves to gossip about.

Then someone I love is put in more danger than ever before, and something inside me snaps. This time, Loki and his Reapers are going down for good … or I am.
 
****************************

When the Duke Was Wicked (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #1)

When the Duke was Wicked
(Scandalous Gentleman of St. James)
by Lorraine Heath

Historical Romance
Expected Publication: February 25th

Lady Grace Mabry’s ample inheritance has made it impossible for her to tell whether a suitor is in love with her—or enamored of her riches. Who better to distinguish beau from blackguard than her notorious childhood friend, the Duke of Lovingdon?

With no interest in marriage, Lovingdon has long lived only for pleasure. He sees little harm in helping Grace find a proper match. After all, he’s familiar with all the ploys a scoundrel uses to gain a woman’s favor. He simply has to teach the lovely innocent how to distinguish honest emotions from false ones. How better than by demonstrating his wicked ways. But as lessons lead to torrid passion and Grace becomes ensnared in another man’s marriage plot, Lovingdon must wage a desperate gamble: Open his heart fully—or risk losing the woman he adores.


******************************

Whisper of Sin (Psy-Changeling, #0.6)
Whisper of Sin
(Psy-Changeling #0.6)
by Nalini Singh

Paranormal Romance
Expected Publication: February 25th

San Francisco is under threat from a violent gang…a gang that has no idea who they’re challenging. The DarkRiver pack of leopard changelings has already claimed the city as their territory, and they will fight with wild fury to protect its residents. Emmett, a lethally trained leopard soldier, isn’t about to let outsiders muscle in on his home ground—especially when they target a human named Ria.

Emmett has one word for the smart stranger with her curvy body and tough spirit: mine.

Possessive, dominant, unyielding in his demands and desires, Emmett is unlike anyone Ria has ever before met. But while the sexy leopard changeling makes her body ignite, his kisses molten and his touch addicting, she’s no pushover and she has a few demands of her own. This leopard has met his match…

"Please note that Whisper of Sin is a reissue. It was first published in the multi-author anthology, Burning Up. This is the worldwide stand-alone ebook release for those who wanted to buy only this novella from the anthology.


****************************
Night Owls (Night Owls, #1)
Night Owls
(Night Owls #1)
by Lauren M. Roy

Urban Fantasy
Expected Publication: February 25th

Night Owls book store is the one spot on campus open late enough to help out even the most practiced slacker. The employees’ penchant for fighting the evil creatures of the night is just a perk…

Valerie McTeague’s business model is simple: provide the students of Edgewood College with a late-night study haven and stay as far away from the underworld conflicts of her vampire brethren as possible. She’s lived that life, and the price she paid was far too high to ever want to return.

Elly Garrett hasn’t known any life except that of fighting the supernatural werewolf-like beings known as Creeps or Jackals. But she always had her mentor and foster father by her side—until he gave his life protecting a book that the Creeps desperately want to get their hands on.

When the book gets stashed at Night Owls for safe keeping, those Val holds nearest and dearest are put in mortal peril. Now Val and Elly will have to team up, along with a mismatched crew of humans, vampires, and lesbian succubi, to stop the Jackals from getting their claws on the book and unleashing unnamed horrors….

****************************
Cold Iron (Cold Iron, #1)
Cold Iron
(Cold Iron #1)
by D.L. McDermott

Paranormal Romance
Expected Publication: February 10th

The Fae, the Good Neighbors, the Fair Folk, the Aes Sídhe, creatures of preternatural beauty and seduction. Archaeologist Beth Carter doesn’t believe in them. She’s always credited her extraordinary ability to identify ancient Celtic sites to hard work and intuition—until she discovers a tomb filled with ancient treasure but missing a body. Her ex-husband, the scholar who stifled her career to advance his own, is unconcerned. Corpses don’t fetch much on the antiquities market. Gold does. Beth knows from past experience that if she isn’t vigilant, Frank will make off with the hoard.

So when a man—tall, broad shouldered, and impossibly handsome—turns up in her bedroom claiming to be the tomb’s inhabitant, one of mythic god-kings of old Ireland, Beth believes it is a ploy cooked up by her ex-husband to scare her away from the excavation.

But Conn is all too real. Ancient, alien, irresistible, the Fae are the stuff of dreams and nightmares, their attentions so addictive their abandoned human lovers wither and die. And this one has fixed his supernatural desire on Beth.

9 comments:

  1. I just recently read (maybe two weeks ago) the first two Mythos Academy books and really liked them. I need to continue on with the series, but I'm always bad at sticking with longer series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of most of those books/authors but I love Nalini Singh so I'll definitely check that novella out :) Great picks!

    My WoW .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Night Owls and Cold Iron both look right up my alley! Will have to check them out =D

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice picks! The only one I've read in Singh and I'm brand new to her. Gonna start book 2 tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your picks!! I haven't seen the cover to Whisper of Sin---so THANK YOU for sharing, I just love it. And you will really enjoy When the Duke Was Wicked---I did! :) Plus you just can't resist heath right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to start reading the Mythos Academy books, especially since the last one is coming out soon!! Great choices, Jennifer! Have an amazing week! :)

    xo, Becca
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, Night Owl looks right up my alley. Thanks for bringing that one to my attention! Where'd you hear about it? my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its amazing how many books are out there that I haven't heard of! These sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.