Tuesday, February 25, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY (REWIND): Minor Characters


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

~REWIND: Top Ten Minor Characters~

For my rewind, I decided to do a list that I haven't gotten to do yet: Minor Characters.  I did do a list of memorable secondary characters here, but wanted to show off more of these great personalities that tend to steal the spotlight from the main characters.


1. Lassiter -- Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward
A mysterious fallen angel who helps bring one of the Brothers back from the destruction and always makes me laugh with his Oprah and romantic comedy obsession.

"This is Lassiter, the fallen angel. One of the last times he was here on Earth, there was a plague in central Europe-"
"Okay, that was so not my fault-"
"-which wiped out two-thirds of the human population."
"I'd like to remind you that you don't like humans."
"They smell bad when they're dead."
"All you mortal types do.” --Lover Enshrined


2. Nix -- Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole
A soothsaying Valkyrie who has been a major player for the entire IAD series.  Her visions have made her mad and has earned the nickname, Nucking Futs Nix, from her family and friends.

Nïx clasped her hands over her chest, sighing, “He gave you his heart. That’s so romantic. So much better than a candy heart. Those get stuck in the fangs, you know.” -- Lothaire


3. Oberon -- Iron Druid Chronicles series by Kevin Hearne
An Irish wolfhound who is the loyal companion of druid, Atticus, and loves bacon and French poodles.

"French poodles! All black and curly with poofy little tails! And every one of them in heat. Oh, WOW! Thanks Atticus! I can't wait to sniff their asses!" He bounded over to the door and pawed at it because the doggie door was closed to prevent the poodles from entering. --Hounded


 
4. Christian Ozera -- Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
A Moroi with the power to create and control fire.  I loved his sarcasm and his dark past.

He shrugged and leaned casually against the sloping wall. "So am I. I love pity parties. I wish I'd brought the hats. What do you want to mope about first? How it's going to take you a whole day to be popular and loved again? How you'll have to wait a couple weeks before Hollister can ship out some new clothes? If you spring for rush shipping, it might not be so long.” --Vampire Academy


5. Iko -- Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer
Cinder's best friend is an android with a very human personality.  She is obsessed with fashion and Prince Kai.

"Scarlet and Wolf are saying gushy things in the galley," Iko said. "Normally I like gushy things, but its different when its real people. I prefer the net dramas."
 --Scarlet


6. Grimalkin -- Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
A Cheshire Cat-like character who thrived on providing snarky, mysterious warnings to Meg and her friends.  He always disappeared and then reappeared at the most random moments.  

"I could have taken a nap instead of waiting for you to finally show up. What took you so long human? Did you walk?" --The Iron Daughter


7. Daphne Cruz -- Mythos Academy series by Jennifer Estep
Gwen Frost's Valkyrie best friend who shows that girls can like pink and still kick major ass.

"Oh, please," she scoffed. "Like I need a guy to protect me. I'm a Valkyrie, remember? I could pick you up and break your back over my knee, Spartan. Like you were a piñata." --Touch of Frost



8. Lilly Moscovitz -- Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot
Mia's best friend who wasn't always the most supportive when it came to the princess thing, but she comes around and is Mia's most staunch supporter.

Lilly says I have an overactive imagination and a pathological need to invent drama in my life. --The Princess Diaries


9. Ian McNab -- In Death series by JD Robb
The fashion-obsessed electronics detective who has a major crush on Eve Dallas's assistant, Peabody, and always knows when to crack a joke.

[Peabody:] "Bite me."  Though Eve managed to swallow a chuckle at her aide's use of her own standard response to annoyances, she didn't quite make it over McNab's cheerful, "Where?” --Holiday in Death

Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
10. Isla -- Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund
The princess and temporary ruler of the island of Albion who is best friends with Persis Blake, the Wild Poppy, and is trying to keep her country together under major pressure.  I lent my copy of this book so I'm not able to find any quotes to showcase how awesome Isla is.


6 comments:

  1. I think I've just grinned my way through your whole list! Iko, Lassiter and Lilly Moscovitz I cannot agree with more. I absolutely love those characters too and they need so much more attention :)

    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many books I haven't read here...I need to change that asap! Have to agree with Iko though. She is the perfect comic relief in the books and I was reading Cress the other day and something she said made me laugh out loud. Great list! :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/top-ten-tuesday-rewind-favourite-covers.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great topic. Yes! Ozera makes a great bf. Swoon.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick. This is an awesome topic because you get some really amazing minor characters in books. Nice list :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I agree completely about Iko and Daphne. Iko is just too cute. Like seriously, I want her as my best friend. We would get on famously.

    I have been thinking of reading the Iron Fey series. I tried awhile back, but struggled with the first book, and gave up. I have a hard time with books about the fey. You liked them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great topic! I've read only some of the DBD series, the first four books, and I still have to meet Lassiter but judging from your quote he seems like a characters that I'd like :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.