Tuesday, February 11, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books That Will Make You Swoon


Hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

~TOP TEN BOOKS THAT WILL MAKE YOU SWOON~

I had a hard time figuring out what to say about each of these books that wasn't the same gushing praise over and over again so, like last week, I decided to use the books themselves to explain my choices.  Each quote below is what I consider the most swoon-worthy moment in that particular story.  There are a few minor spoilers, but I tried to avoid them for the most part.

Persuasion

1. Persuasion by Jane Austen  
"I can listen no longer in silence. I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach. You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight years and a half ago. Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you."
The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)

2. The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn
“Listen to me," his voice even and intense,"And listen well, because I'm only going to say this once. I desire you. I burn for you. I can't sleep at night for wanting you. Even when I didn't like you, I lusted for you. It's the most maddening thing, beguiling, damnable thing, but there it is. And if I'm to hear one more word of nonsense from your lips, I'm going to have to tie you to the bed bloody bed and have my way with you a hundred different ways, until you finally get it through your silly skull that you are the most beautiful and desirable woman in England, and if anyone else doesn't see that they're bloody fools.”
Outlander (Outlander, #1)
3. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon 

Because I wanted you." He turned from the window to face me. "More than I ever wanted anything in my life," he added softly.
I continued staring at him, dumbstruck. Whatever I had been expecting, it wasn't this. Seeing my openmouthed expression, he continued lightly. "When I asked my da how ye knew which was the right woman, he told me when the time came, I'd have no doubt. And I didn't. When I woke in the dark under that tree on the road to Leoch, with you sitting on my chest, cursing me for bleeding to death, I said to myself, 'Jamie Fraser, for all ye canna see what she looks like, and for all she weighs as much as a good draft horse, this is the woman'"
Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3)

4. Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas
"I want to fill every part of you, breathe the air from your lungs and leave my handprints on your soul. I want to give you more pleasure than you can bear."
Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors (Jane Jameson, #4)

5. Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors by Molly Harper

"Is the binding coming loose?  No, don't pull it.  I can take it to my book doctor tomorrow night."
"Stop hyperventilating, sweetheart.  I think its a bookmark," he said, pulling on the thread until he'd stretched it into my hand.  
I wound the thread around my finger, "What passage was it marking?"
He scanned the page and lifted an eyebrow, "It's an Edward and Jane scene.  I know how you love those.  Edward's saying 'I sometimes have a queer feeling with regard to you. . . It is as if I had a string somewhere under my left rib, tightly and inextricably knotted knotted to a similar string situated in the corresponding quarter of your little frame."  
I was so caught up in watching lips form the words that I barely noticed the sudden tension on the fiber wound around my finger.  I realized now that Gabriel had slipped a ring onto the thread and was sliding it toward me.

The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2) 

6. The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
"I tried to be a better person for her– but it was to impress her, to get her to want me. But when I’m around you, I want to be better because… well, because it feels right. Because I want to. You make me want to become something greater than myself. I want to excel. You inspire me in every act, every word, every glance. I look at you, and you’re like… like light made into flesh. […] You have no clue how beautiful you are or how brightly you shine."
Yours Until Dawn
7. Yours Until Dawn by Teresa Medeiros
"You asked me once if I would still love you when your lips were puckered with age and your eyes were faded. I can assure you that I will still love you when I have only the strength (and the scant teeth) left to gum those puckered lips. I shall love you when your bones are sharp enough to pierce my fragile flesh. I shall love you when the light in my own eyes fades for good and yours is the last sweet face I see. Because I am and ever shall be…"
Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6)

8. Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
"You're beautiful, every part of you. I love your hair, the way it looks, the way it feels. I love touching it, smelling it. I love the way you wrinkle your nose when you laugh. It makes me laugh, too, every time. And I love watching you eat. Sometimes you can't shovel it in fast enough, but when you get interested in a conversation, you forget there's anything in front of you. God knows, I love making love with you. I can't even talk about that without wanting you."
Strawberries for Dessert (Coda Books, #4; Strawberries for Dessert, #1)
9. Strawberries for Dessert by Marie Sexton
"I'm a mess," he said, halfway joking but halfway not. "I'm demanding and temperamental and I'm terribly high maintenance."
I laughed without even meaning to. "Do you honestly think I don't know all that by now?"
"Then how could you possibly love me?"
I held him tighter, kept kissing his neck. "How can I not?
Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1)
10. Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare

"I didn’t do it on purpose.” His arms went around her. “I just . . . I just needed to keep you up here.” He walked her backward until her knees met the edge of her bed, and they both tumbled onto the mattress. “In this bed.”
He stroked her hair, fanning it out over the pillows, and framed her face in his hands. “But I couldn’t discern what it was you needed to feel safe. I tried everything. Finally, tonight, you gave me the answer. Light. So now you have as many candles as you please. But now it’s gone all wrong. Because you’re here in this bed. But I’m here, too. And God help me, Izzy.” His brow pressed to hers, and his weight settled over her, crushing and warm. “I don’t know how to leave.”

5 comments:

  1. Outlander...definitely a book I swooned for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I've not read any of these. Reading everyone's posts this week has me realising just how far behind I am on Romance and Swoon worthy books! :) Great list though!
    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... swooning from all the great feels! Thanks for sharing quotes from these amazing books!

    Here's My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these books, but a few of them just jumped up on my TBR list because of the quotes you put up. The one for Persuasion made me a pool of goo, it was just so romantic!!!
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2014/02/top-ten-tuesday-42.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My Gosh! How did I not include The Devil in Winter!????? My brain was clearly somewhere else, because I forgot to include so many of my favorite, swoony books. And Romancing the Duke! Seriously, Tessa Dare is amazing.

    Oh, and I had such a hard time choosing a JQ book. But now I'm thinking I should have chosen Anthony. These choices are too difficult!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.