Thursday, February 6, 2014

THROWBACK THURSDAY-HISTORICAL ROMANCE EDITION (12)

Happy Thursday, everyone! This is a new feature hosted by Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.

What is Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday.  Since Tin and Mary C. are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, they've decided to focus on this beloved genre.

Here are the rules:
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 2008.


THIS WEEK I AM FEATURING...

Again the Magic (Wallflowers, #0.5)

AGAIN THE MAGIC
by Lisa Kleypas

She gave him her innocence…
Lady Aline Marsden was brought up for one reason: to make an advantageous marriage to a member of her own class. Instead, she willingly gave her innocence to John McKenna, a servant on her father's estate. Their passionate transgression was unforgivable—John was sent away, and Aline was left to live in the countryside…an exile from London society…and he took her love.

…and he took her love.
Now McKenna has made his fortune, and he has returned—more boldly handsome and more mesmerizing than before. His ruthless plan is to take revenge on the woman who shattered his dreams of love. But the magic between them burns as bright as ever. And now he must decide whether to let vengeance take its toll…or risk everything for his first, and only, love.

****************
A prequel to Kleypas's amazing Wallflowers series.  I love romances with reunited couples because of all the drama associated with their separation  and Again the Magic is one of my favorites with that theme.  The class divide and the secret that Aline is hiding really heightened the drama.  McKenna had a few jerk moments, but they were fairly understandable based on his situation.  Plus this book has one of the best secondary romances I've ever read.  

7 comments:

  1. Ahh I still need to give her a read. I have a couple of her Wallflower books. Just gotta find the time. I just love these older covers. They always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my all-time favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read so many of Lisa Kleypas's historical romances, but I've never read this one. I think I was nervous that the hero would be too much of a jerk for me to like. But I'm thinking I should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good choice. This is one of my favourites from Lisa Kleypas, although it's very hard to choose! This makes me sob like a baby every time. I'm definitely going to have read this again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I didn't know this was a prequel to her Wallflowers series (which I adore!), adding this one to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favorites...I just loved it. Makes me want to re read this....I just might do that on my next visit to the library. Love your pick for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My all-time favourite Kleypas novel! Never fails to make me cry.

    @Camille, Aline is Marsden's (It Happened One Autumn) sister.

    ReplyDelete

Yeah comments!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will try to reply to your comments as soon as possible.